Carol Morgan

swimgirl

Jun 4, 2006
Hey, everyone. I am moving to SD in August - got a job at Carol Morgan. Just wondering if anyone can tell me how far The Body Shop Gym is from the school - I know there are two Body Shops. Is one of them within walking distance? Any help much appreciated! Thanks.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Not by any stretch of the imagination, no. The main Body Shop gym is in Naco, and is the nearer of the two. The other one is in Arroyo Hondo. Check out a city map to see where these neighbourhoods are. Carol Morgan is in Mirador Sur/Bella Vista. Where are you going to be living?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
swimgirl said:
Hey, everyone. I am moving to SD in August - got a job at Carol Morgan. Just wondering if anyone can tell me how far The Body Shop Gym is from the school - I know there are two Body Shops. Is one of them within walking distance? Any help much appreciated! Thanks.

Ok, let's rewind that again. Are you say that you've just been hired as a teacher in Carol Morgan, that this will be your first time in the DR, and all you are asking is if there's a gym within walking distance from school? I feel very sorry for your future students, it doesn't seem like they will be receiving much in terms of intellectual stimuli from you. Not surprising though, Carol Morgan School has fallen in academic standing the last few years.

PD By the way, a Body Shop is less than two blocks form the school.

A

apostropheman

well, those are conflicting opinions if i've ever seen them:cheeky:

so which is it...2 blocks or not even close??;)

swimgirl

Jun 4, 2006
Mirador - no, this will not be my first or second time in the DR. I have already asked the questions that I find important concerning my future home, and a close friend of mine grew up in SD. Why the bad feelings concerning CMS? Couldn't afford the school? Too bad. On DR1, I have had nothing but helpful, polite responses - except for you.
Chirimoya - thank you!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
swimgirl said:
Mirador - no, this will not be my first or second time in the DR. I have already asked the questions that I find important concerning my future home, and a close friend of mine grew up in SD. Why the bad feelings concerning CMS? Couldn't afford the school? Too bad. On DR1, I have had nothing but helpful, polite responses - except for you.
Chirimoya - thank you!

Swimgirl, You are so right. Many years ago I lost by one vote to become a member of the Board of Directors of Carol Morgan School. Later that year, my financial situation took a dive, and I had to remove my three children from the school. I seem to carry bad feelings from that experience, more so now that I am going through a similiar situation, and will have to register my three children in a local public school for next term.

TheOP

Jul 14, 2006
Somerville, MA
Dolores is right about Gold's Gym proximity...

...and she hasn't mentioned that it has lower prices compared to the Body Shop. Its nearest location to CMS is on Paseo de los Locutores 58 (behind BHD Bank, which is in front of Plaza Central)