Labelling people as communist without foundation constitute defamation of character

rtejeda

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 16, 2006
Having respect to the individual's personal integrity without passing judgement shall be a very logical, rational human decision:

The fact of the matter is that in a democratic's political arena, there is always room for improvement for those running the goverment. The fact that an organization or individual expresseses a different point of direction does not constitute that organization or individual is trying to change the system, to the contrary thats what makes a government by the people and for the people (democracy) an attractive political system.

Ricardo Tejeda is not a communist, yes Ricardo Tejeda is a democrat-Dominican-nationalist who feels very strongly that the country is not heading in the right direction.

As an organizer of the "PARTIDO DE LA ESPERANZA DOMINICANA" I need to convey, by whatever means necessary, the real issues affecting our nation, in the short and long term: think for a moment about the impact that "Las Deudas Externa" can have to the future generations, the sons and daughters of the Dominican families.

Santo Domingo is one of the oldest city in the new world, and what do we have to show for it, politically?

Civilization and democracy are for the educated. Calling a true nationalist- democrat a communist, without foundation is not only old school is an oxymoran.

"Communist" was a label that was used, during the most oppressive time in Latin America history, to maintain undemocratic dictatorship regimes in power,Trujillo and Balaguer killed many people because they were politically labelled as communist. Mr. Nals, those day are over, "stop the madness".

Now! If you analyse the facts, like labelling a new potential leader as communist, without evidence or foundation, is not only a disservice to the country, its ludicrous, oxymoran, irresponsible and plaintly put, stupid.

Mr. Nals are you aware that Juan (Emilio) Bosch founded the PLD in communist Cuba, in 1973? And that Juan Bosch was the first elected president, after the end of the Trujillo's dictatorship and six months later was coup de tat labelled as a communist, simply for being to vigorous agaisn't corruption?

Are you aware that the PLD is no longer the political party that Prof. Bosch created? Are you aware that the PLD deleted its original membership recruitment process? Are you aware that the PLD removed its political position from their website?

The point is the PLD is not the same political party, as it was structured by its founder father Juan Bosch.

Mr. Nals are you aware that Trujillo's right hand man, Balaguer, betrayed his Vice-President, Jancito Peynado, to support the oppostion headed by Leonel Fernandez Reyna? Mister, Nals are you aware that Leonel Fernandez first administration invited Fidel Castro and sat Balaguer next to him? Mr. Nals do you think Leonel Fernandez is a Communist? I don't think so!

How do you contribute to changes toward the right direction without new leaders and ideas being put before the electorate in a democratic voting process? Tell me?

Mister, Nals labelling Lic. Ricardo Tejeda as a communist is wrong and constitute defamation of character. Mr. Nals calling Lic. Ricardo Tejeda an idiot also constitute a potential defamation of character, just for information sake. Be careful, please.

Just to set the record straight: The "PED" is a progressive cooperative political movement that is not agaisnt the metro, however we have to set the country's priority straight. There are too many issues that are more in tone with the liberation of the Dominican Republic's illnesses and building a metro at a cost of more that a $$billion dollars$$ would have not be a top priority under a government by the "P.E.D".

There are so many others issues and priorities affecting the Dominican Republic, that is not funny, allow me to mention just a few:

#1 the lack of electric energy, #2 phisycal and mental health issues, #3 employment, #4 education, #5 gun control. Last but not least important # 6 the pacific invation of illegal immigration from Haiti into Dominican Republic's severeign territory, which is the most detriment negligence of the PLD's current government.

What is the PLD doing about crime or about any of the issues mentioned above? Tell me, I would like to hear. Privitising the toll boths is not a positive step toward liberation of bad roads in the country.

Dominicano este es tu pais no te dejes enganar por tu, supuestos, representates: Unete al "PARTIDO DE LA ESPERAZA DOMINICANA"

DIOS PATRIA Y LIBERTAD ES NUESTRA FILOSOFIA. AMEN

PS. Mr. Nals yo soy Dominicano de pura cepa y voy a mi pais muy frequentemente. Por favor nunca ponga mi dominicanida en duda, gracias.

Last edited:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
rtejeda said:
PS. Mr. Nals... QUOTE]

Congratulation!!! Ram?n, that was a great post! By the way, don't call NALs Mr. Nals. NALs is a nickname, and he used to be called Nawls, which is the black gangsta hoodlum slum way of expressing "No". Haven't you noticed how negative NALs is?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
WOW! What a diatribe....

This is the internet. People say a lot of things....Libel is often seen.

The PLD failed at the beginning because it was modeled on Lenin's methodology of selection of members. It was never intended to be a party of mass membership, but rather an "educated" (indoctrinated would be a better way to put it) group of elitist politicians who would follow the leader--Bosch. It was not until a lot of new blood entered the party without having to sit around in reading circles or sell newspapers or write tripe articles for the newspaper that membership grew and the demographic base increased.

Wish these people didn't have such selective memories....

HB ::(:(

rtejeda

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 16, 2006
My name is "Lic. Ricardo Tejeda", I am not Ramon, and R. tejeda is the way it shows on this Thread. To Nals or whatever his name is"Stop the Madness and negativism".

rtejeda

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 16, 2006
Notice: For those who may want to join the"PARTIDO DE LA ESPERANZA DOMINICANA" YOU MY E-MAIL LIC. RICARDO TEJEDA AT rtejedasantana06@yahoo.com.

DIOS PATRIA Y LIBERTAD ES NUESTRA FILOSOFIA, AMEN.

DOMINICANO, ESTE ES TU PAIS, NO TE DEJES ENGANAR POR TU (SUPUESTIOS) REPRESENTANTES EN EL GOVIERNO.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
rtejeda said:
Labelling people as communist without foundation constitute defamation of character
Only if being communist is construed to be an insult. Would it be defamation to call Castro a communist?
If someone perceives your political views as communist, how could that be defamatory?

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Yes, how quickly or conveniently they forget.

I consider the post to be a rant repeating of that which is discussed on this board day after day. To offer us a history class to the cognizant members of this board is fruitless. If you wish to ameliorate the situation here in the DR then the direction of your nugatory post must be directed toward the board and not to a fellow Dominican that too lives in the USA as yourself.

Your sui generic version of the PED is preposterous to the political arena here without a history to facilitate your claims. I asked you previously to name the leaders of this organization and you have failed to do so. It was I who asked a number of question of you and you answer Nal's in Spanish.

I will repeat to you one last time that if you wish to communicate with this board with the intension to proselytize anyone then you must address your posts to the board or those that ask specific question.

Rick

Edited to add;

Your arduous attempt to paint the PLD in an unfavorable light with the 6 statements made in post #1 follows the old adage "That dog won't hunt". I say this because looking at the history commensurate with this republic the best times have been under PLD controlled government.

Last edited:

rtejeda

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 16, 2006
Rocky said:
Only if being communist is construed to be an insult. Would it be defamation to call Castro a communist?
If someone perceives your political views as communist, how could that be defamatory?

CALLING THE "INDIVIDUAL", NOT THE IDEOLOGY, "A COMMUNIST" IN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT MAY PERCEIVE COMMUNISM AS NEGATIVE AND IT MAY POTENTIALLY HAVE A NEGATIVE IMPACT INTO THAT INDIVIDUAL POLITICAL CAREER, MAY CONSTITUTE DEFAMATION.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
rtejeda said:
CALLING THE "INDIVIDUAL", NOT THE IDEOLOGY, "A COMMUNIST" IN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT MAY PERCEIVE COMMUNISM AS NEGATIVE AND IT MAY POTENTIALLY HAVE A NEGATIVE IMPACT INTO THAT INDIVIDUAL POLITICAL CAREER, MAY CONSTITUTE DEFAMATION.
Well, you may be right.
I'm not a lawyer.
I can't see it personally, but that's just my opinion.
PS: You shoud be answering Rick Snyder's questions.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
rtejeda said:
My name is "Lic. Ricardo Tejeda", I am not Ramon, and R. tejeda is the way it shows on this Thread. To Nals or whatever his name is"Stop the Madness and negativism".

I can't tell you how impressive that "Lic." is in front of your name.

Scandall, Ph.D. in B.S.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
rtejeda said:
DIOS PATRIA Y LIBERTAD ES NUESTRA FILOSOFIA. AMEN

PS. Mr. Nals yo soy Dominicano de pura cepa y voy a mi pais muy frequentemente. Por favor nunca ponga mi dominicanida en duda, gracias.
Calmate paisano que somos del mismo rincon del mundo.

Now that I have witnessed your real passion for your newly created or almost created party, I am convinced you are the "real deal" as they say.

I've seen plenty of people who have "started" parties with the same diatribe and they were nothing more than falsifying fronts for the same old story that has been played over and over again in a very famous stage called the Palacio Nacional in Santo Domingo.

While I will agree, I may have been a little "rough" considering your newbie status, I must say that if you let me get on your nerves in the way I have seen so far then how will you deal with the attacks you will face if this little party of yours does makes it to the big time.

Consider DR1 childsplay for whats to come.

Ahora, favor de responder las preguntas mas basicas que se estan haciendo en este forum especialmente las de Rick Snyder.

No son preguntas dificiles.... para personas que no tienen una agenda contraria a la que proponen en publico. :paranoid:

-NALs

Last edited:

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
NALs said:
Now that I have witnessed your real passion for your newly created or almost created party, I am convinced you are the "real deal" as they say.

-NALs

The "real deal" just like you Nals...if that's even your real name.

Scandall

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Rocky said:
Well, you may be right.
I'm not a lawyer.
I can't see it personally, but that's just my opinion.
PS: You shoud be answering Rick Snyder's questions.

Ricardo is not a lawyer either, actually he has made a career in the medical/health services field. Personally, I find Ricardo a tad pugnacious and intolerant, considering he's trying to get his budding political career off the ground.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Rocky said:
It's not defamatory.

It's only insulting to a person who either:

A) Is a communist but don't want anyone else to know.

B) Is not a communist, but has a hardtime expressing his/her ideas.

C) Has some other agenda and fears that through such accusations such agenda might be revealed.

Now, if anyone notice the following of each choice:

With choice A, it's pretty clear cut.

With choice B, if that is true he will learn how to express himself better or he will see his new party fail miserably.

And with choice C, such paranoia will be his own demise.

Which one best describes him? I would like to think B, but "would like to" and "actually being" are two different things.

This is the time for rtejeda to shine and warm the hearts of every DR1 towards his cause, if he knows how to use this moment wisely.

Like I said previously, if he lets one guy get under his skin so fast and so easily, well then he either learns how to deal with this or he might as well hang up his political aspirations right now!

-NALs

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I don't care about the communist / non-communist aspect of things as it is only the North Americans that gets offended by that. I do care about spam. and This, my dear friends is spam! Advertising without paying is spam.

rtejeda said:
Notice: For those who may want to join the"PARTIDO DE LA ESPERANZA DOMINICANA" YOU MY E-MAIL LIC. RICARDO TEJEDA AT rtejedasantana06@yahoo.com.

DIOS PATRIA Y LIBERTAD ES NUESTRA FILOSOFIA, AMEN.

DOMINICANO, ESTE ES TU PAIS, NO TE DEJES ENGANAR POR TU (SUPUESTIOS) REPRESENTANTES EN EL GOVIERNO.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Just to stir the pot a little more....... anyone that considers himself as part of a "legitimate" organization and still has a yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc email account is suspect in my book. Sounds like a comunist trying to hide. :)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
rtejeda said:
Ricardo Tejeda... feels very strongly that the country is not heading in the right direction.
That's where the disagreements starts.

rtejeda said:
As an organizer of the "PARTIDO DE LA ESPERANZA DOMINICANA" I need to convey, by whatever means necessary, the real issues affecting our nation, in the short and long term: think for a moment about the impact that "Las Deudas Externa" can have to the future generations, the sons and daughters of the Dominican families.
The national debt is a problem beyond the borders of Dominicana.

The country can't function without capital and as a developing nation the country is obligated to borrow from the financial instutions based a few blocks west of the White House in Washington DC, most notably the IMF, World Bank, and the Paris Club.

The country can't borrow money from direct institutions. It's strictly prohibited by the power and rich nations of the world, which are the only one's that can do such thing.

Along with that, countries like the DR must comply with the regulations and "suggestions" supplied by those financial institutions, which govern everything from how much should go to subsidies to how much should go to education.

Each loan is specifically designed for approved projects and goals by those organizations.

The fact that the World Bank has been calling for the DR to invest more on education is ludicrous at best, given that just across the street from them in Washington DC is the IMF headquarters, the institution that ordered the DR earlier this year to cut all subsidies and even eliminate some crucial one's which would have had an adverse effect on the Dominican population had Leonel not objected (with much bravery) to such suggestions.

I say bravery because usually, nations at the mercy of the IMF hardly ever object to their suggestions, more often than not they try to negotiate things.

I could keep going, but I want to know something:

How do you plan to disengage the country from the grip of the IMF/World Bank/ and Paris Club all of which are heavily controlled and mostly owned by the US Treasury (except for the Paris Club) and thus ensures pro-US ambiance in all matters concerning the DR from trade agreements down to the amount of money devoted to public education?

If the IMF tells the DR, invest X% on education or face a freeze in further lending, guess what would happen? Why have they not done that? They have done similar threats before towards suggestions that had nothing to do with the welfare of the people?

rtejeda said:
Mr. Nals are you aware that Trujillo's right hand man, Balaguer, betrayed his Vice-President, Jancito Peynado, to support the oppostion headed by Leonel Fernandez Reyna? Mister, Nals are you aware that Leonel Fernandez first administration invited Fidel Castro and sat Balaguer next to him? Mr. Nals do you think Leonel Fernandez is a Communist? I don't think so!
I'm aware of this.

Would I call Leonel Fernandez a communist? No.

Why? Because he is doing nothing more or less than other leaders of Latin American have done with the leader of Cuba.

Latin Americans in general don't have the political anymosity towards Cuba in the same fashion the US has and only in the presence of US dignitaries and politicians do Latin American political leaders show the faux anti-Cuba diatribes.

A true communist are those like Hugo Chavez and the president of Bolivia, just to name a few.

Leonel is more on the lines of the political leader of Brazil - compasion for the fellow Latin Americans but not real aspirations towards devouring and destroying capitalism.

rtejeda said:
How do you contribute to changes toward the right direction without new leaders and ideas being put before the electorate in a democratic voting process? Tell me?
The problem is that the country IS going in the right direction. Granted is quite a curvy trayectory but its going forward.

All economic indicators shows this. Of course, many of my paisanos are of the school of thought where you complain even when you can see the contradiction to such complaining.

For example, and this is only one of many, how many times have you heard Dominicans say that Dominican politicians forget about the "pueblo" the moment they reach office? Plenty of times, I'm sure.

Now, could it be possible that politicians are not able to fully comply with all their promises? Certainly, in fact it's natural of all politicians anywhere in the world.

Is it true that all politicians in the DR have done nothing for the country? That is false.

SOME politicians were truly useless (a bald one is the most recent example of this), but there have been politicians who have done what they could towards putting the country on the road to economic growth, job creation, increase income, and a chance at gaining greater prosperity as a nation.

That things are not occuring over night, well that is the nature of things. Afterall, the United States took nearly 150 years of growing economically at an average of 2% per annum in order to get to the economic powerhouse filled with wealth beyond belief that it is today!

Can anyone expect the effect of over a century of good macroeconomic and even microeconomic policies to be present in a mere 40 years of democracy? In actuality, the DR has only been a real democracy since 1996 with the initiation of the Leonel administration, since then only clean elections have been held, so 10 years of real democracy?

10 years and now all of you are screaming foul play?

During these past 10 years (minus the Hippo years) the country has experienced the greatest economic growth rates in its history.

The greatest increase in jobs, businesses, and various forms of economic activities.

The greatest increase in the middle class.

The greatest increase in further democratization like never before seen on that island!!

And with only 10 or so years of this people are crying foul play?

Give me a freakin break! How can people be so apt to quitting and failing when we have barely given this experiment (which so far has had flying colors in most aspects, IMO) enough time to mature and see what it really has in store for the country!

7,8,9% economic growth per annum!!!! Those are the numbers that have been registered during the times Leonel has ruled the country!

Fantastic numbers!! Why? At the most basic 7% growth rate, we can expect the Dominican economy to double every 9.7 years!!!! That means double the amount of jobs, double the income, double the productivity, double the prosperity, double everything that leads to higher standards of living and eventual bettering of conditions for the poorest of the poor.

Within one generation (which is about 20 years) the country would be three times as wealthy as it is now assuming an average growth of 7% per year for now until then!

Think about it!! With such growth, there will be money for all sorts of things, including education and border control and health care and such! Plus, the poorest Dominicans won't be living in the conditions they do so today!

Think about it!

rtejeda said:
Mister, Nals labelling Lic. Ricardo Tejeda as a communist is wrong and constitute defamation of character. Mr. Nals calling Lic. Ricardo Tejeda an idiot also constitute a potential defamation of character, just for information sake. Be careful, please.
Nobody (well, at least I did not) called you an idiot, so please don't put words in my mouth.

However, if you think being called a communist is a defamation, then brace yourself.

This is childsplay compared to the real attacks you will face if you make it to the real political nitty gritty.

-NALs

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
leromero said:
Just to stir the pot a little more....... anyone that considers himself as part of a "legitimate" organization and still has a yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc email account is suspect in my book. Sounds like a comunist trying to hide. :)

This is very necessary in the DR, as the verizon servers do not send e-mail easily. Mostly blacklisted as spam servers.