Looking for a teaching job in SD

mgregoir

Jun 20, 2006
I am trying to find a job with one of the international schools in Santo Domingo with an American Curriculum. If anyone knows anybody who is looking for a certified, english speaking teacher, please reply to this thread. I am available to work as soon as possible.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not going to happen. go to the job fairs inthe States for overseas teaching jobs. If by some wierd act of God, you did get job here at this time of the year, it would pay doggy doo for a salary.

Sorry to rain on the parade but facts are facts.

HB

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
What are your areas of certification? I know that Carol Morgan School in SD is def. looking for a high school pe teacher and possibly there are some other available positions as well.

Good luck.

mgregoir

Jun 20, 2006
I found a job today for 30,000 pesos a month. they also offer room and board and transportation to and from work. Is that a good offer?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
mgregoir said:
I found a job today for 30,000 pesos a month. they also offer room and board and transportation to and from work. Is that a good offer?

Not too shabby. Ask where the room is, the conditions, if you'll have to pay electricity and water, phone, etc, and what type of transportation. What might sound like a great offer might end up being a nightmare in the end...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is a very good offer if room, board and transportation to and from work is offered. I am truly surprised that one popped up at this late date!! You must have a awesome curriculum....You are to be congratulated.

HB :flabbergasted:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Most likely you will be sharing an apartment with other teachers. Check to see if you are sharing a bedroom/bath so you know in advance. For the cultural experience, this is an acceptable offer. You will need to live frugally, but you can learn the language, take time off for great tourism excursions on long weekends and holidays and weekends, and experience a new culture.