Delta Air Lines: problems with online booking

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Try to purchase ticket on delta.com if you are flying from SDQ and you will get this response:

Only travel originating in Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, or the United States (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) can be booked via delta.com.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
It's funny you mention that Aviastar.

I always wanted to ask Latino about this.

Latino,

This happens when you are trying to book sdq - jfk or sti - jfk. Why is this not possible?

However when you book JFK - SDQ or JFK - STI it is.

Let us know.

Thanks.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
El Tigre said:
It's funny you mention that Aviastar.

I always wanted to ask Latino about this.

Latino,

This happens when you are trying to book sdq - jfk or sti - jfk. Why is this not possible?

However when you book JFK - SDQ or JFK - STI it is.

Let us know.

Thanks.
Possibly because the flight originating in the DR would indicate a Dominican financial transaction and the system isn't able to include the 16% ITBIS. You certainly can book these flights originating in the DR by calling Reservations or going to a Dominican travel agency.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
All tickets originated or sold in Dominican Rep are subjects for 16% ITBIS and if originated from Dom Rep will appear in taxes as DO tax.

AA.COM offers you those tickets.

16% tax is a part of fare calculation for all tickets from Dom Rep, no matter where it sold, so the system is not a problem.

It is funny, but if you want to buy Delta's ticket from Dom Rep you have to go to www.expedia.com

Last edited:

777-200

Jan 25, 2004
Continental.com

You can buy also your tickets in continental.com from DR using a local card.

I have been buying my tickets that way lately.

thanks

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
No se pueden hacer bookings de ninguna otra parte m?s de los que mencionas abajo.
Esto es un problema que tiene ya tiempo en el cual ya estan trabajando. B?sicamente es por un tema de tarjetas de cr?dito. Hay muchos fraudes con tarjetas de otros pa?ses. Pasa lo mismo en Latinoam?rica

Only travel originating in Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, or the United States (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) can be booked via delta.com.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Latino.

Pero AA, Spirit, Continental, USA3000, www.expedia.com y otros webs permiten hacer compras por web con tarjetas dominicanas, ademas aunque uno tiene billing address en USA, aun asi no puede pagar estos boletos.

Delta debe hacer lo que hace AA.com para prevenir fraudes de tarjetas.

And if someone with domincian card will buy a ticket NYC-PAR for DL, how they will be protected from fraud?

Airline should be able to sell online tickets from all its destinations.

May 31, 2005
Yeah. I agree. I don't think that it is because of the credit card though. My brother has bought some tickets online from AA and Spirit using his Dominican Credit Card.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
That's the Delta rule for now, I know Delta is working on that, to prevent credict card froud. the manager from Delta at SDQ/STI both were AA Employees before and they can tell you how bad was the problems with credict cards.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Latino2002 said:
That's the Delta rule for now, I know Delta is working on that, to prevent credict card froud. the manager from Delta at SDQ/STI both were AA Employees before and they can tell you how bad was the problems with credict cards.

Latino, respectfully, I disagree. Those countries listed appear to be countries in which an entry visa into the USA is not necessary. I think there's more to this than just credit cards.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Latino.

When you purchase your ticket via aa.com they call you to confirm the reservation, in case if the card is dominican, and then at aa counter you have to present your card in order to get boarding pass, so this is not a problem at all.

And as I said, if you can buy tickets via www.expedia.com for DL flights it doesn't make sense.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
aviastar said:
Latino.

When you purchase your ticket via aa.com they call you to confirm the reservation, in case if the card is dominican, and then at aa counter you have to present your card in order to get boarding pass, so this is not a problem at all.

And as I said, if you can buy tickets via www.expedia.com for DL flights it doesn't make sense.

Aviastar, when you make you reservation via www.expedia.com who's responsable for the transaction?? Expedia.
And this problem is not only with SDQ, is all Latina America countries.
Remember AA has a diferents agreement with Local credict cards in sdq thant DL. I know for sure DL is working with this issues.
And I know is hard to belive it , but is true.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
I hope they will fix it one day, because even american cardholders are not eligible for online ticketing for flights originated from Dom Rep. :bunny: