Pelicula Sanky Panky

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sorry dear, you can post a Link but not the article. It's the copyright thingy Pooh.

But if you'd like to take a crack at translating it into English I would be very grateful.

I think it's about the musical they were filming about sankies yes?

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
"El turismo del pa?s y el cine dominicano ser?n los grandes beneficiarios". :laugh: :laugh:
Hilarious how they expect to see an increase in tourism from a movie about a sankie; everyone will want one. Sankies, for the good of the economy... :)

May 31, 2005
Yes. It is about the musical.

The artists involved are: Negros, Claudia Sierra, Big Famil, Ciudad de Angeles, El Jefrey and Aventura.

They actually filmed some scenes during Aventura's concert in Altos de Chavon.

Nuryn Sanlley will portray one of the blondes that she sanky pankys try to get.

The main character is Genaro, played by Fasuto Mata. He is a Dominican that wants to improve his way of life by using love and tourists.

It will be in English with Spanish subtitles.

It is written and directed by José Enrique Pintor and produced by Franklin Romero, president of Premium Latin Music.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I wonder if playing it on the flights into DR would warn or encourage the tourist? ;)

May 31, 2005
LOL Maybe encourage. Another part of their vacation that they probably did not think about. Love and sex with the locals... LOL

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
I wanna see this musical!!! I'd be REEEAAALLL interested in how they portray sankies to the audience. WILL he be the "villan" throughout OR will there be scenes where pity is required for the thieving, lying, nasty con-artist (to be polite;-)) When's this thing out Dragonfly/Anna/anyone???...I'm "quite into" my films/plays/musicals but THIS would be a first!!! Emma ;-)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
God help us if they make it seem like a romantic movie with a happy ending. Everyone will want a sankie.:rolleyes:

We'll have sankie threads popping up 24/7 :laugh:

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
LOL Anna! KNOW those "lonely heart" columns you see in papers???:

"Tourist girl, 21, seeking "hard done by" romantic sankie for sun and fun...only GENUINE sankies need apply - none of you 'con-artists' please!"

:cheeky: Emma ;-)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We'll have to have a section called " how to get a sankie" and advice like

how to find one.....just show up they'll find you

how can you tell a good one....he buys you the first drink

but I can't dance...don't worry they don't care coz when you go home they'll dance with women that can.

how will he call me, he has no money........don't worry he'll get it from the next busload coming in.

:laugh: :laugh: I'm sooo bad today

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
:D :D :D :D :D

How will I know that they love me AS MUCH as I think they do???....UMMMM!!!...Roses???????;)

Emma:cheeky:

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
Emma22 said:
LOL Anna! KNOW those "lonely heart" columns you see in papers???:

"Tourist girl, 21, seeking "hard done by" romantic sankie for sun and fun...only GENUINE sankies need apply - none of you 'con-artists' please!"

:cheeky: Emma ;-)

You and Anna are killing me!!! jajajajajajajajajaja

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Today I noticed in my University's journal a review of a real movie on sankieism: 'Vers le Sud' ('Heading South'). It's a 2005 French production about three North American women with different types of relations with a hotel worker in Haiti. Aparently it's a pretty good movie. These are some reviews in english:
http://www.e.bell.ca/filmfest/2005/films_description.asp?id=303
http://www.cinema-scope.com/cs25/spot_cantet_vers.htm
http://www.ottawaxpress.ca/film/film.aspx?iIDArticle=9022
http://www.europeanfilms.net/reviews/2006/verslesud.html
enjoy! :)

danceaway

Jun 22, 2006
where can I get this movie, or any others, I have some friends going on vacation soon, and would like to share, maybe give them a little insight, but who knows, like Anna said, if it has a happy ending, well....who knows, women all over may be doing just what Stella did....there goes the best kept secret island get away.....I use to love Jamaica, now I've found the DR and look, just when I thought I found my sanctuary.....progress, progress, progress, or just horney women ?