Dominican Cookbook

brainzymd

Jun 22, 2006
Hello,

I am looking for the following book. The book MUST be in english. I can not find it anywhere.

Title: Dominican Cookbook (La Cocina Dominicana)
Author: Maria Ramirez de Carias
ISBN: 0963554808
Publisher: Pilon
Date published: 1993-08
Format: Hardcover
Edition: REVISED
List price (USD): $23.95
No. of pages: 240

I have looked on:

www.amazon.com
www.abebooks.com
www.addall.com

and a bunch of others. They all have it either listed as "out of print" or "unavailable"

Does anyone know of a used bookstore that may carry it? It can be either in the USA or DR.

Thanks.:cheeky:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Hillbilly said:
Write aunt.clara@dominicancooking.com

She has perhaps the very best cookbook available.

HB :D:D

I can personally attest to this -the cookbook is absolutely wonderful! I purchased the cookbook, and gave it to my nephew as a gift. I plan to purchase another, as well as three more as heirlooms for my boys...thanks for the reminder!

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Brainzymd,

Welcome to DR1. I moved your thread here to the living section as "The best" forum isn't for questions but is for statements of those things the are the best, board members opinions, within the DR. Your fellow members will still see your thread and respond to you.

Rick

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
See article in today's Listin Diario about the new cookbook.

Aunt Clara is travelling at the moment so might not have frequent access to her e-mail, so it's best to order direct from the website, which BTW has been revamped.

brainzymd: if you really have your heart set on the Maria Ramirez de Carias book, even though it is out of print, it is apparently possible to locate copies. Try Aunt Clara in a couple of weeks time when she's back from her travels and she may be able to advise you.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I am so impressed! Great article. I should've asked for an autographed copy of the book, guess it's not too late!

Congratulations, ladies!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
My copy only lacks Jill's signature!!:p:p:p:p:p

God bless these wonderful women.

HB (Who contributed one of the recipes!! HEHEHE)

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Felicitaciones-

Chiri-

Thanks for posting the link to the article. I do read that section of El List?n D if any when I am pressed for time but I am not sure if I would have read it today.

Suerte y saludos.

-LDG.

katty

Mar 14, 2003
Aunt Clara

I bought this cookbook 2 months or so ago and made the Pan de batata for church 4 of them but added cream cheese icing it was awesome.
now I ready to try more of the recipes.

brainzymd

Jun 22, 2006
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to thank all of you who have responded to my inquiry. I have been collecting various cookbooks recently and I will definitely pick up "Aunt Clara's Dominican Cookbook"!!! With such rave reviews of this cookbook, I can't wait to try the recipes that it contains.

While on the http://www.dominicancooking.com website, I noticed that she had the Spanish version of the book that I was orginally interested in (http://dominicancooking.com/shop/pr...d=30&osCsid=57e7f0573de300e8fe93d916db9ee8b8), but unfortunately I can not read Spanish text and would need the English version. If anyone would come across this book for sale, please contact me.

Thanks again! :)