HB is da man

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
..but he does know that already!

We spent two nights at his B and B. Per his recommendations we saw Centro Leon and Tu Pizza among other Santiago delights. Loved the city!

Knowing what you are getting once you get to the DR is half the battle. I slept peacefully both nights knowing that me and Miss Thing were in great hands. Hillbilly hooked us up with great breakfast and advice both days.

Speaking of my ten year old (Non) daughter we had NO problems at all coming through. I had my notarized letter at the ready but not a problem!

Right now we are in Sosua at the Tropix (another homey place I really like) and I promise a trip report after we finish up at Las Galeras.

Hillibilly, thanks for the Cafe Melo, man. I am sooo happy about that.

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
I second the praise of HB! I've not even SET FOOT in the DR yet and he has been a MINE of knowledge!!! I too intend on (hopefully!!! - if he's free!) meeting up with HB on my first visit to the DR.

BEWARE Rocky (my AI is in Sosua!) and Eddy too!!! - I'm a "popping in" to give you my custom! MAYBE a "newbie" but sure as anything hear good things about you!!! - be sure to gimme a wave an' smile back now!!! ;-)

Emma :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sheesh!!!!
You guys just missed another torrential rain storm. Biggest lightening and thunder I have heard in many, many years. Yes, even worse that the ones we had two weeks ago.
Again (2nd time in 37 years) water came into the house. BUT, now I know why.

Seems that the place next to us has the big concrete pad as their new parking space, and so, intead of my former neighbor's lovely garden and trees soaking up all the rain that falls there, it is now running off and over to our place. The street scuppers are just not big enough to handle it.

The good thing i now that I know what's up, it can be fixed :p:p

It was a real pleasure to have main Girl here and her (non)daughter is a dream. It was fun to see her interact with my 8 yr old hellion....sat for a long tme doing a jigsaw puzzle. Thanks Allison!

Keep enjoying your trip...

See you some day Emma!!:p:p

HB :D:D:D

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
HB - if your free when I visit the DR BRING your 8 yr old hellion (if free too!) My girls would LOVE it (my eldest is 9!) They would LOVE it - really they would!! VERY sociable little girls - thinking your hellion would make a mate for life!!:p

Going from 19th Jul. for 2 weeks - you free anytime then and I'll plan the trips around you.

Emma :-D

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Emma22 said:
I second the praise of HB! I've not even SET FOOT in the DR yet and he has been a MINE of knowledge!!! I too intend on (hopefully!!! - if he's free!) meeting up with HB on my first visit to the DR.

BEWARE Rocky (my AI is in Sosua!) and Eddy too!!! - I'm a "popping in" to give you my custom! MAYBE a "newbie" but sure as anything hear good things about you!!! - be sure to gimme a wave an' smile back now!!! ;-)

Emma :)
I'll warn Rocky and I stand warned. Be sure we're both looking forward to your visit.

G

gary short

I wonder.........how much she weighs..........anybody in a bettin mood?

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Can we get back to the topic which is:
HB is THE MAN.

Mr. Short, you should restrain yourself.

'Specially with such a surname!

MG in a devilish mood.

G

gary short

You........are .......so........wonderful................sniff......sniff

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
MG:

Am wearing Life the way it should be T-Shirt! Thanks!!

EMMA:I will PM you with pertinent information as to dates and so forth.

HB :D:D