Education in DR

bandida

Jun 3, 2006
Can english students study in the DR??

I would like to learn more..it would be great experience..whilst learning.

Or working for the summer etc.??

Any info.?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
English as in UK?? Or just English speaking?

Of course ou can. UNIBE has classes in English.
Or you could study Spanish as a Foreign language.

You might look at www.pucmmsti.edu.do and see what they have to offer in the was of programs.

Of course all summer classes hve already begun so this will have to be for next semester or next summer...:p:p:p

HB :D:D

bandida

Jun 3, 2006
:):):)!! Thanks!!! I am checking out that website now!!
I am english, I live in the UK.
I am only 17 . . but very keen to travel, and maybe learn in another counrty. And as i have hard so much about DR,my friend visits all of the time, i was curious about whether i could go to university there, or some course.
For the experience and education. Maybe over the summer, next year obviously, Just, i would need to work also i suppose!!!
I would love to learn more spanish, i guess from just being in the DR on vacation, you learn alot!!!
Thanks for the link!!!!
:):)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you want to do some university, you should start to prepare now. Get all your papers in order, transcripts of your secondary education, birth certificate, pictures, then a letter of good conduct from the local constablary, one of good health from a reliable doctor.

Do look into exchange programs with Dominican universities. If not, then write to the PUCMM and see what they can offer you. Probably a semester of Spanish as a Second Language (Or Spanish for Foreigners) and one or two more courses on Caribbean Culture and such.

Currently, you are about the average age of our incoming freshmen (first years), so you would fit in.

Good luck,

HB :D:D:D