Wooden Building Materials

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
drtampa said:
Are wooden building materials (2X4s, plywood, exterior siding) sourced in the DR or imported and subject to duty?

Huge selection. Ochoa is one of the biggest two or three importers of building wood. they even have a "Womanizing®" operation to treat woods. And all wood used here is imported.

HB :D:D

(Too much rain and World Cup today!! No golf :(:()

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
"Womanizing?" ?????

I agree, too much rain. We had our turn at a wild thunderstorm today. Hit the power pole outside our house ... took out one inverter, one modem and one UPS. Hubby had all up and running in about half an hour again. Bless him, he has a spare of everything. Now we're waiting for Edenorte to fix the transformer .. ;)

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
I agree totally

Huge selection. Ochoa is one of the biggest two or three importers of building wood. they even have a "Womanizing?" operation to treat woods. And all wood used here is imported.

HB :D:D

(Too much rain and World Cup today!! No golf :(:()[/QUOTE]

It's like your a kid in a candy store.;) And the funny part is that it's cheap because they have what you need, especially with you and your discounts.

Sorry to hear that the weather held your match down...... but if that keeps up you'll have enough to buy a Mac;) plus maybe I can beat you next time with a loooooong layoff.;)

G

gary short

OK..........any idea as to what percentage is payed in duties????

G

gary short

Great now I have to work for it...........thanks.........Geez......Boy O Boy.........Guess I'll have to Google like everyone else......whatever....

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
Cigarette boats docking in Luperon, need wood fast

gary short said:
OK..........any idea as to what percentage is payed in duties????
Nothing simpler, old man.

Simply apply the following "shortcut for the simple" and purchase/import in an informed fashion.

When p/r+.75 is less than 31, just add $45/board ft. Since p/r+.75 hasn't dropped below 889 in the past 14 years, you should now see that you knew the answer the whole time!

Duh.

Last edited:

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
Sooo, no marina/wood source/extraterrestrial-visitor connections? Ya shure, as we say in the old country. Fine, none of my business anyway. Have a good half-life as we said in the fusion lab. Boom! HaHa, just kidding.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
gary short said:
Great now I have to work for it...........thanks.........Geez......Boy O Boy.........Guess I'll have to Google like everyone else......whatever....

Yes, if you're a gold poster, you can do your searches yourself. You should be quite good at that by now. Use the search button that you can find on the first blue bar on your screen and search for importing to the DR. There is a lot of information .. read it if you are thinking of importing something/anything. Your question cannot be answered directly. The usual answer is ... you pay what the customs agents decide you have to pay. They have no intention of reading DrBill's calculation.

Last edited: