Constanza accommodations with kitchenettes

missvi87

Jan 3, 2004
Can anyone out there reccommend accommodations with kitchenettes in Constanza BESIDES Rancho Guaraguao. The Rancho is a nice place but I'd rather prepare my own meals than buy one of their mandatory meal plans.

Thanks --

amigomexicano

Mar 21, 2006
Could you share the rates for Rancho Guaraguao with us?? Also, how much are the meals you're talking about?? Thanks.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Their site www.ranchoguaraguao.com has the rates.

I stayed there a year ago and thought it was overpriced, but I'm not sure that the meal plans are mandatory as the OP says, so it should be possible to get accommodation only in the cabanas with kitchens and self-cater. Still, I would also like to have information about options beyond RG for future reference.

missvi87

Jan 3, 2004
I've been given the names of three places: Mi Cabana Resort, Rancho Constanza and Hotel Vista del Valle -- the latter is relatively new.

Does anybody know anything about either of these places?

Your replies are much appreciated.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Meal Plan?

A group of us (8) stayed at Rancho Guaraguao for two nights a few months ago.
There was no mention of a 'meal plan'. However the dinners we had at their restaurant were some of the best meals I've had in the DR.

missvi87

Jan 3, 2004
Thanks for that, Buzzard.

I'm really concerned about being subjected to Dominican style cooking: oversaturated in oil, heavy on the starch, and overcooked vegetables, if any.

Can you give any specifics about the type of meals you had?

Much appreciated...

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
Meal plan

The meal plan is only required for the cabanas that do not include a kitchen in them. I found the food to be pretty good international fare, although the deserts were very disappointing.

It is a pricey spot but at least worth one trip there with the family, you feel like you have not only entered another country but another world.

Ian

bobandjudy

Jan 20, 2006
HI, back in March we visited Mi Cabana. We didn't stay there since we were only making a day trip. Judy says that she remembers a small kitchenette in the downstairs bedroom, but not upstairs. Rates at that time, weekday, were 1100 pesos for downstairs, 900 pesos upstairs and 1900 if you rented both. If/when we overnite at Constanza, we would stay at Mi Cabana--we liked it. Hope this helps. Bob and Judy

missvi87

Jan 3, 2004
Bob and Judy,

Sounds as though it might be Mi Cabana for me. I polled my class this evening and Mi Cabana won by an overwhelming majority.

Many also agreed that Rancho Guaragoa is rather fabulous.

Thank you all for the input.