Dominicans in Barcelona, Spain

Melcocha

Nov 28, 2005
Hi, I would like to hear about dominicans living in Barcelona, how's life around there? I will visit soon to obtain relocation information. I currently live in USA.

Jostan

Jun 17, 2006
I would be interested in this too, since me and my boyfriend are probably moving to Spain (region of Barcelona) in the next 2 or 3 years.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
To all dominicans in Spain : Please don't pick up those ugly spanish intonations !!! I was in a plane on my way back from Europe with a group of (very) loud dominican ladies who obviously had been living in Spain for many years, and their accent was really unpleasant to my ears... No offense, it is a personal impression only...

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Barcelona

Hi Melcocha,

I am not living there but have been many times.
You find a lot of dominican restaurants, colmados and money-wire agencies in Barrio La Ribera (just beside the Barrio Gotico), especially around Calle Sant Pere Mes Baix. We had chivo guisado with Presidente in Restaurante Puerto Plata and listened to bachata in one of the bars there. I am sure that you will find dominicans in Barrio El Raval as well, that is to the other side of the Barrio Gotico. There are dominican merengue discos on Gran Via.
Enjoy Bar'na.
Bartolomeo

Fuel

Jun 29, 2006
Hi, i was in Barcelona years ago (late 90's) and everytime i said i was dominican i would get a weird look. I later asked a friend the reasoning behind this. My friend said that some locals have little respect for Dominicans, because most prostitutes in the area are dominican women. I wonder is this is still the case??