Young girl shot by stray bullet

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
rep4.jpg

The following article is from today's "Listin Diario." It is about a young girl who was shot by a stray bullet. She was not able to stay at the hospital to get the critical aid she needs because her family cannot afford it. This is the sad reality of what is happening to many innocent people today. This girl (named "Rossy") is only 16 years old. She cannot speak because the bullet came out of her throat. She also cannot move the left side of her body. How can we expect this country to advance if things like this keep happening? Why is nothing being put on TV or on the radio to make people aware of what is going on? There is, afterall, a big difference between showing the news and the news being a way to educate. Why is nothing being done to make people who harm innocent people feel guilty about the lives they destroy? Why are they not being made to pay for what they have done? What did this girl - or any innocent gun violence victim - do to deserve being shot? Why are people not being educated about the problem of gun violence? Why did the hospital send her home knowing that her life is at risk? Saving a life is priceless. Not everything is about money - so what if she comes from a poor, working family?

This is not just about Rossy but also her whole family. What kind of a life will this young girl have if she survives? Imagine not being able to go to the grocery store because there are people shooting eachother for no reason. Imagine your kids not being able to play outside of your home. The Dominican Republic is becoming more and more dangerous and it is very scary.

I hope that by me putting up this story even one person will think about making a difference. Even if you just discuss this with friends you are already making a difference because silence does not help anyone. I hope that people will speak out about violence. I hope that people will think about how many kids have lost their parents, parents have lost their children, friends have lost friends for simple stupidity. Gun violence affects us all and the victims are all innocent.

Here is the link

http://www.listin.com.do/cuerpos/republica/rep4.htm

------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Young girl shot by stray bullet "Original Picture"

rep4.htm
The following article is from today's "Listin Diario." It is about a young girl who was shot by a stray bullet. She was not able to stay at the hospital to get the critical aid she needs because her family cannot afford it. This is the sad reality of what is happening to many innocent people today. This girl (named "Rossy") is only 16 years old. She cannot speak because the bullet came out of her throat. She also cannot move the left side of her body. How can we expect this country to advance if things like this keep happening? Why is nothing being put on TV or on the radio to make people aware of what is going on? There is, afterall, a big difference between showing the news and the news being a way to educate. Why is nothing being done to make people who harm innocent people feel guilty about the lives they destroy? Why are they not being made to pay for what they have done? What did this girl - or any innocent gun violence victim - do to deserve being shot? Why are people not being educated about the problem of gun violence? Why did the hospital send her home knowing that her life is at risk? Saving a life is priceless. Not everything is about money - so what if she comes from a poor, working family?

This is not just about Rossy but also her whole family. What kind of a life will this young girl have if she survives? Imagine not being able to go to the grocery store because there are people shooting eachother for no reason. Imagine your kids not being able to play outside of your home. The Dominican Republic is becoming more and more dangerous and it is very scary.

I hope that by me putting up this story even one person will think about making a difference. Even if you just discuss this with friends you are already making a difference because silence does not help anyone. I hope that people will speak out about violence. I hope that people will think about how many kids have lost their parents, parents have lost their children, friends have lost friends for simple stupidity. Gun violence affects us all and the victims are all innocent.

Here is the link

http://www.listindiario.com.do/antes/junio06/260606/cuerpos/republica/rep4.htm

------------------------------------------------------------[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It Happens EVERYDAY,& It Is In The Newspapers/Radio/TV EVERYDAYToo!

People get used to it here! Violence and Accidents??(Can you call it an "Accident" when it could easily be prevented?? Like 6 kids on a motorbike?)
Face it this is "Africa West"!!! No education.healthcare,social services,security,infrastructure! Thank God for the "Girls"!!!!!!;)
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc