Road safety.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
This is a warning to all drivers leaving and entering Costambar and Cofraci. Traffic density, speeds of vehicles and Domican "mindsets" are all factors to be especially considered at these locations. I have witnessed several "near misses" at both these locations, with all classes of vehicles. All too often, slow-moving vehicles pull out into fast-moving traffic, with no thought of the possible concequences. The problems will increase at the three entrances to Costambar when the new university starts, despite the new traffic lights there. To ensure safety, enhanced patience is vital.
I hope this will be considered by all. Thank you. Canadian Bob.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks for the heads up.
That area has always been dangerous.
The contrast of speeds from different vehicles, makes it so.
The dude in his sporty BMW is thinking, this is still highway and 100 k is my speed, while some other dude & his girlfriend are crawling along at 30 k, checking out all the cabanas.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Add to that...

Add to that the mess of everything because of all the construction, delays, detours and cranky drivers! It is a nightmare on the roads at the moment, even worse at night!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
But leave it to the Dominican Traffic Engineers to solve the problem, with no expense spared. They expect the pedestrians to climb and decend two stories to utilize an overpass instead of scooting across two lanes of traffic. They also expect vehicles wanting to make a left turn to use a jug-handle and encounter an additional traffic light rather than just turining in front of on-coming traffic. Both of these items will never be used.