Beware it can happen to you, it happened to me

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
All beware the A**hole motoconcho drivers are out in force. Yesterday while locking my car outside of Banco Reserva in Sosua, getting my paperwork for my rivista (another DR joke) a motoconcho driver tore off my necklace and was gone in a flash. No one responded to my shouting and as he rode off into the sunset with my gold necklace that Pat had gotten for me in Aruba many years ago. It happened in a flash with no time to respond. So all beware and adorn oneself with NO jewels. My only hope is that he met a wrong lane driving dump truck.

Bob K

Jostan

Jun 17, 2006
Happened to me 2 in Santo Domingo, waiting in front of Banco Popular for it to open. A motoconcho with a guy in the back drove past me and grabbed my bag (which was half around my should, have on the ground...i was sitting on a wall) but I managed to keep a hold of it. Unfortunately it ripped apart and I was holding the bad part. But my boyfriend jumped up immediately and threw the guy off the motoconcho and grabbed my bag bag. The motoconcho was waiting until the other guy jumped on again and then they drove off, but a guy in a car saw it all happen and drove after them!
10 minutes later he came back to the bank where we were waiting and told us that he tried to run over them :ermm: but they escaped (which is a good thing i think...)
Anyway I got all my stuff back and I was really impressed with how fast everybody responded and how nice they were (the other people that saw it happen immediately came to me if i was okay etc.)

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Given it back to them

I am a little nuts and I do not suggest you to do this. While crossing the steet a moto concho roared up on me and slammed on his horn and brakes nearly giving me a heart attack. Ha ha ha they laughed as he and the jackarse on the seat with him laughed. I got in my jeepeta and roared after them. The two idiots forgot all about me but here I was roaring up on their arse slamming on my horn and bumping their back tire with the bumper of my jeepeta. Oh how they cried for me to stop, there was nowhere but the side of the roadway for them to go and that's where they went, right into the bushes.

Frig em!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Payback is so sweet

It is common when I wait to cross the street near my apartment for motochonchos to buzz me as close as they can forcing me to step back. Luckily, some construction has left a large piece of concrete on the side of the roadway. I now stand in front of this. When I get buzzed, I simply step back at the last minute, revealing the obstruction too late for the motochoncho to avoid it. This past week I have scored three motochonchos vs. concrete.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
HOWMAR and DominicanScotty, you brightened my day. Our cleaning lady was talking this morning about a motoconcho that made the mistake of trying to steal a purse close enough to a policeman who had a can of mace. The motoconchero got the blast in the face.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
I know who is who usually

There are some moto conchos that are just trying to do their jobs and I know who many of them are. Then there are the mafiosos.... and I know who many of them are. Rainy days are "Scotty gets even days". Ahhhhhhhhhh, blast them with the puddles on the highway and in town. Cut them off and keep going! They are sh*t birds and they know who they are! I am a regular in this town and I am not playing any BS with them.

Two moto conchos grabbed the wrong "boob" one night. Two Dominican friends ( man and his wife) and I were sitting in a bar not used to seeing dirtbags in it. I was sitting next to my Dominican friend's wife as he went into the bathroom. Two idiot moto conchos thought my friend's wife was with me. Mind you that she was also nearly nine months pregnant as well. One of these morons reached across her shoulder and grabbed her breast from behind. I smashed this guy right in his face and whacked the other idiot with a pitcher of beer as he rushed in. When my friend came out he mopped them up or what was left of them. Was funny watching them running to get on their moto conchos crying revenge as they left.

Last edited:

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Bob K said:
All beware the A**hole motoconcho drivers are out in force. Yesterday while locking my car outside of Banco Reserva in Sosua, getting my paperwork for my rivista (another DR joke) a motoconcho driver tore off my necklace and was gone in a flash. No one responded to my shouting and as he rode off into the sunset with my gold necklace that Pat had gotten for me in Aruba many years ago. It happened in a flash with no time to respond. So all beware and adorn oneself with NO jewels. My only hope is that he met a wrong lane driving dump truck.

Bob K

Bob: Welcome back to town but so sorry to hear about your experience...tom

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
HOWMAR said:
It is common when I wait to cross the street near my apartment for motochonchos to buzz me as close as they can forcing me to step back. Luckily, some construction has left a large piece of concrete on the side of the roadway. I now stand in front of this. When I get buzzed, I simply step back at the last minute, revealing the obstruction too late for the motochoncho to avoid it. This past week I have scored three motochonchos vs. concrete.
You are now my new hero.
I love it.
You're devious mind is to be admired by all.
Please keep us abreast of the score.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Howmar: You have obviously come up with the solution to the Motoconcho problem. Congratulations.

:p:p:p

HB