new here. got a few questions

!HAVOC!

Jun 29, 2006
www.need2speed.com
hello, i just stumbled upon this forum. so far i like it a lot! I've been reading so many interesting things. have a few questions.

do most people that post on here live in the Dom Rep? if so, are you from there? seems to be so many people that post here that write(type) very good English. or are most the people that post here currently live in the U.S? would be great if like on other forums there was a location option under there name that way everyone could see where everyone else lives.

Anyways, I live in the U.S. Florida. My wife is Half Dominican and lived in the Dom. Rep. for 8 years. so after I met her was very curious about finding out about her culture. so, i have been to the Dom. Rep. 2 times, now, I absolutely love it and can't get enough of it! have been to 4 different cities (Providences?) so far. and drove from the north to the south east, so have seen quiet a bit. anyways, after my first visit i realized that the Dom. Rep was where I should of made a few trips to before when i was single! :D

Last edited:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
!HAVOC! said:
... My wife is Half Dominican...

Can your wife become half pregnant? You cannot be half Dominican, you either are or you're not.

Mirador (Dominican, jobless, and living in Santo Domingo)

!HAVOC!

Jun 29, 2006
www.need2speed.com
Mirador said:
Can your wife become half pregnant? You cannot be half Dominican, you either are or you're not.

Mirador (Dominican, jobless, and living in Santo Domingo)

hhaha, i either don't understand your humor, or you are really lacking some intelligence. you can be half anything. i.e. 1 parent is from Dom Rep. the other is from Puerto Rico. :glasses:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
!HAVOC! said:
hhaha, i either don't understand your humor, or you are really lacking some intelligence. you can be half anything. i.e. 1 parent is from Dom Rep. the other is from Puerto Rico. :glasses:

Neither the former nor the later, on the contrary... ;-)

Your wife is a dual national (Dominican-US). If she was half national, then since two halves makes one, that would make your wife a single national, but since she is married to you, she cannot be single. You get it!

!HAVOC!

Jun 29, 2006
www.need2speed.com
Mirador said:
Neither the former nor the later, on the contrary... ;-)

Your wife is a dual national (Dominican-US). If she was half national, then since two halves makes one, that would make your wife a single national, but since she is married to you, she cannot be single. You get it!

Uhhh.. lmao. i don't think you have any idea what the hell you are talking about, but anyways, who cares... waiting on others to answer some of the questions I asked as I am very curious.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
seriously what is the point of this

mirador,

he said she is half dominican....like maybe just maybe she comes from a dominican mother and an american father or the other way around.

he didn't say she was a dominican citizen only that she lived there.....

i am half dutch and half english by background but 100% canadian citizen...there is a difference

why are you being so difficult?

leave him alone if you don't have anything nice to say

he is asking a normal question.

sangria

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
!HAVOC! said:
Uhhh.. lmao. i don't think you have any idea what the hell you are talking about, but anyways, who cares... waiting on others to answer some of the questions I asked as I am very curious.

Good answer, HAVOC. Keep up that attitude and you will do fine on this board.

A poll was started by NALS a few days ago to find out how many posters were Dominican, part Dominican, or foreign. After I post this I will look for it and add the link. But as you will see, most of the posters are foreign expats who live here, or foreigners who visit here as often as they can.

Regarding which country people come from, some of us are from the US, Canada, Great Britian, and many other countries. There have been attempts to find out who is from where in the past; you can look for this info in the archives.

Robert and Dolores are the owners of this board and control what is displayed. If you want to propose that where the poster lives is shown on his posts, I'm sure they will consider it.

Welcome to the board, and don't mind Mirador. He probably forgot to take his meds.

Here is the poll: http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51563

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
!HAVOC! said:
Thanks! thats exactly what I was looking for!
You ran into a brick wall at the beginning, stuck it out, held your ground, got your answer....
Welcome to DR1.
Heck, maybe one day we'll meet you at one of our gatherings/parties.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Rocky said:
You ran into a brick wall at the beginning, stuck it out, held your ground, got your answer....
Welcome to DR1.
Heck, maybe one day we'll meet you at one of our gatherings/parties.

No brick wall, just a little hazing for the newbie. !HAVOC! did just fine...

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Welcome to our wonderful board. I hope you are not just a passer-by. Stick around. It's fun.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
A Tip for !HAVOC!

Life here can be so much more enjoyable if you add certain people to your "Ignore List". Just click "User CP" above and put those posters who waste your time on your "Ignore List". I'm sure I've made a few of those lists myself.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Really said:
No need to be - lots of good jobs available - problem - LAZY - No one is going to give you business - get up early - go find business - go home late - sober - earn good money - pay your rent - no eviction - problem solved

Lazy? not really, I've been a workhorse all my life. Lots of good jobs available? not for a person with my qualifications and experience (age). Go find a business? I've been doing that every day, daybreak until dawn, for the last nine months, without success. Sober? I'm a teatotaler, I've been on the wagon for years. Problem solved? Not until I sell a 900+ square meter property near Jarabacoa (Racquet Club), to pay pending debts....

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
!HAVOC! said:

I AGREE...BUT MANY DONT!
I LIVE WITH MANY PEOPLE OF COLOR AND MANY THAT ARE 'MIXED' BLOOD' BUT DO THEY CONSIDER THEMSELVES 50-50...NO!!!!!!!! THEY CONSIDER THEMSELVES TO BE 'BLACK'. eVEN , AS IVE SAID, IF THEIR MOTHER WAS 'WHITE'. AS IVE BEEN TOLD BY MY LOCALS, IF YOU'VE GOT A LITTLE BIT OF CHOCOLATE IN THE MILK........YOU'RE chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

gary short

You know what's really wierd?? When you press to view page three and you end up on page two again........ wwwwwierrrd...

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Nahhhhhhhhh

HOWMAR said:
Life here can be so much more enjoyable if you add certain people to your "Ignore List". Just click "User CP" above and put those posters who waste your time on your "Ignore List". I'm sure I've made a few of those lists myself.

HOWMAR, you grew on me!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ay diablooo

gary short said:
You know what's really wierd?? When you press to view page three and you end up on page two again........ wwwwwierrrd..

You are right, hahahahahaha. It's happening to me also.

Funny schyt. Even funnier than Mirador trying for the newbie to take "la carna" (the bait)!.