On my way today...

CanadianGurl

Mar 21, 2006
Wow,

I finally am leaving for my 7 week adventure tonight from Canada. I will arrive tomorrow around suppertime. I still have not confirmed a hotel for the weekend, but I am thinking that maybe I want a place with a pool, as I really woudl like to just escape for the weekend, and relax. I am exhausted right now, and want to be rested for Monday.

I have looked at Dominicana Fiesta, it looks like its close to where I will be living, not sure if anyone has any advice or not.

I contacted Hotel Atarazana, and that sounds wonderful, but there is no pool to escape to this weekend.

Is there any other options I might want ot consider?

As well I do not have a tourist card, so I am assuming I get this at the airport in DR, is this correct?

I just want to thank everyone for all your PM's and helpful information, I am sure I will be back and forth this forum as I try to figure my way around SD with pretty much no spanish YET, ....but I start lessons on Monday.

Have a great day...
Canadian Gurl

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
OHHH!!! Have THE BEST time!!!!! :-D As far as I'm aware you can get tourist cards from the airport in the DR (queue though I gather)...I'm yet to go to the DR (here to be educated!!) so can't help you with the rest, but DO let us know how you go!!! All the best, Emma ;-)