Re: Boca Chica

M

Merengue

Generally you have some good advice from previous postings. Safety should be your first concern. Don't trust the water outside your hotel without asking - most hotels and many restaurants have their own water plants and will be OK. Be sure to take sunscreen #30 and spermicidal condoms if you will be looking for that kind of action. Make sure you buy a money belt before you leave, and always use the hotel safe. Never let your bags out of your sight. The taxi to Santo Domingo should run about $20 (300 pesos) and the bus about $1. You can take the bus to Santo Domingo and then a taxi for $5 (75 pesos) or less to your specific location. In Santo Domingo don't miss Le Petit Chateau's outdoor dancing show(537-7262), or the El Conoco restaurant (686-0129). You can mostly eat anything at El Conoco's, as they have their own water. Be careful about the meat though - my friend got some that was not sufficiently cooked. Also I would recommend Coco's restaurant in Santo Domingo (687-9624). I realize you are getting meals free at the Boca Chica Resort, but it is worth making a few exceptions. While in Boca Chica you might check out the Coral Hamaca Hotel and the downtown action. Take only money that you absolutely need when you go to the beach in Boca Chica - they have more ripoff artists there than anywhere in the Dominican, including the beach restaurants. Learn a little Spanish before you leave. It will be more fun and you will be respected more by the locals. Also you will have a leg up on other English speakers. The Dominican Republic has some of the most beautiful women in the world, no question. Most single women will not go to bed with even a Dominican unless they get paid - this is because of the economy. Most of them would love to marry an American. Watch out!

Merengue

P

prtyr

>>>> Most single women will not go to bed with even a Dominican unless they get paid - this is because of the economy. Most of them would love to marry an American. Watch out! >>>>>>

That might be true in Boca Chica, but definitely not true elsewhere.

T

T Santos

I have lived and worked in the DR and I would say that you were wrong with your comment about the Dominicanas wanting to be paid to sleep with.I have to agree with the other response from >prtyr<.I have never met any girl that wanted to be paid nor have any of my Dominicans friends either,yes i'm sure it could happen no doubt but I also think these are the ones "working".But you have to admit though the Dominicanas have to be some of the most beautiful in the world.

M

Merengue

Thanks for the input. It is good to get a couple of other opinions. I was told this by a Dominicana who "works" - maybe this was a self-serving view.

You won't get any argument from me about the beauty of Dominican women - I married one this month.