hunting in dr

M

Mike

is there any hunting in dr ? if any could you give any info on it

J

J.

HEY DONTKILL, WHAT DO EAT, IN WHAT DO YOU COOK IT? IF YOU HAVE EVER EATEN ANY MEAT OR FOUL IT HAD TO BE KILLED AND EVEN THE FISH ARE KILLED. DON'T CUT ANY TREES TO BUILD ANYTHING, LOOK AROUND YOU, ANYTHING MADE OF WOOD?????????????? HOW ABOUT PAPER, EVER READ A BOOK OR NEWSPAPER OR MADE A REPORT............ GIVE US A BREAK, j.

A

aristoba@hotmail.com

are you implying canadians dont hunt ?? forgetting what you canadians do to the baby seals??? think before you start insulting people as you say get real.....

A

aristoba@hotmail.com

if canadians were only hunting the beaver instead as you say trapping them , it would have been humaner. just think what the trap is doing to the animal, it tortures the poor animal todeath instead of a clean shot.

M

Me

Re: hunting in dr/aristoba

aristoba you idiot,i'm not canadian.....GET REAL! and get a life too!

A

aristoba

Re: hunting in dr/aristoba

well you sound like one. and with your server: reelwest , British Columbia. canada chances are , you are a canadian ,or an immigrant wishing to be one.

J

jim

you must be canadian if the only beaver you've had has to be trapped.

D

Drake

Hunting does not exist in the Dominican Republic as it does in North America or Europe. It really depends how you would classify it. I've heard of locals hunting for river crabs or some people mostly kids, shooting birds with sling shots. But more than that there is n't much. Remember this is an island and anything that could be considered huntable was eliminated by the Spanish settlers almost 500 years ago. There's plenty of wildlife here but not for hunting.

On the other hand I don't know about beavers here but there are certainly plenty of pussy's to hunt!

S

scaramooch

It,s that the kind of beaver that,s at the Y? I have eaten plenty of beaver there, but like you said, you have to hunt for them, and there are plenty of beavers in the DR.

A

A Gringo

Mike as soon as you arrive.. you will find that the `Beavers` on this Island will hunt you!...Fact

L

Larry Emmons

After all the BS, yes Virginia, there is hunting in the D.R.for dove, ducks and geese. the problem is that you must have a weapons liscense to carry a shotgun and must be a citizen or resident before you can get the liscense. Rifles, even 22 caliber, are not legal in this country.

J

jay

Mike, there is wild boar hunting available...but, you have to track down some of the "guides" in some of the small SW DR towns (you really have to know some folks to set it up for you). However, there are some boar running in the 3-400# class. They are nasty.

Best, Jay