Pistol Permit renewal - new procedure ( at least to me)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I entered BanReserva yesterday to pay for the paperwork needed by the government needed to renew a pistol license. After paying for the necessary renewal documents, I was prepared to make a trip to Santo Domingo get my new license. I don't particulary enjoy making trips to Santo Domingo. To my relief, I discovered that my new license will be delivered directly to my local BanReserva office. No trip need to Santo Domingo. What a brilliant idea! If your license is lost or stolen, for about 700 pesos they can even get a replacement for you.

There are options for renewal. If you just want to own a gun (Renovacion Tenencia) the total fee is 3,505 pesos . If you want to carry the gun as well, (Addendum para porte) there is an additional charge of 805 pesos. My existing license said Porte y Tenencia, but I know Leonel had made some changes to the regulations over the past couple of years. It appears things may have changed again.

So I have a few questions for the resident legal advisor of this forum:

Did I understand the above procedure correctly?

When did this renewal procedure change?

When you have the "Addendum para porte" where can you legally carry the weapon with you?

How must the weapon be carried when you are out in public?

How must it be carried/stored when you are in an automobile?

Thank you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A weapon is not supposed to be visible when in public. Only police and military (on duty and in uniform) are allowed to carry visible weapons.

HB