Stained Glass

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
My wife and I just moved to the DR full time. We had a Stained Glass bus. in the US. Can anyone tell us where we can get stained glass supplies, Colored glass, Foil, Solder etc, in the DR. We want to od some project for ourselves. Thanks.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Hi Oriole! An aquaintanance in Costambar (near Puerto Plata) does stained glass. I believe he gets his supplies in Santiago. Trying to verify this now. Canadian Bob.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I would check the Yellow Pages for arte vitral stores.

One of the better ones is that architect Eduardo Lora on the northern street in front of Plaza Central, a short distance east of Metro bus station, on the same block, in Santo Domingo. I believe his store is called Arte Vitral, but there are many others.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Thank you all for your help. We found a store in SD and I think in Stantigo. From what I see of the cost of supplies, class would be much too exp. If someone has questions we will try to help, but glass looks easy but.... Again thanks.

Harrod

May 17, 2006
Dear Canadian Bob,could you find out where the shop in Santiago is for me,I,m desperate for supplies and am going to Santiago next week.And I,d love to hear from your friend in Costambar,I also do stained glass work but have been living here since July and although having asked many times don,t seem to have had a lot of success in finding anywhere.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
stained glass.

Dear Canadian Bob,could you find out where the shop in Santiago is for me,I,m desperate for supplies and am going to Santiago next week.And I,d love to hear from your friend in Costambar,I also do stained glass work but have been living here since July and although having asked many times don,t seem to have had a lot of success in finding anywhere.

Hi! From the yellow pages..... Santiago; Jaquez T German; A11, No75, Gurabo.
Also Vitrales Artisticos; Cuba #84; 583-1783. Also Av. R.Vidal 581-1066.

My friend recommends you also contact Santo Domingo; 567-0456/563-7775.
They (Vitralex) in Santo Domingo should know where their affiliate in Santiago moved to.... Good luck! Please EMail me with results of your searches. Thanks, Bob Graham (Canadian Bob).