Bohemia beer

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
On my recent trip to the DR (in Hato Mayor) I noticed that more and more people were drinking Bohemia beer than Presidente. I hardly saw people with Presidente this time. I heard comments that Presidente was messing up their system.

What is going on?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
It may also be the fact that both Bohemia and Amber Beers have been running specials off and on the past few months. Sometimes they were selling for half the price of Presidente (A six-pack of Amber was selling for 99 pesos). With a pequena Presidente now costing more than the hourly pay for an average Dominican worker, price may trump brand loyalty.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We just got back and the Bohemia was better tasting (we like amber beer) and half the cost (99RD/6pack at Palyero in sosua)
Bob K

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
it's not the taste, it's the Price. with the amount of beer that is consumed, the price is right.

VOLUME!

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Smoother

As much as I like Presidente I find myself ordering Bohemia Beer. Smoother taste, less filling and a lower price add up to my choice!

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Amen

DominicanScotty said:
As much as I like Presidente I find myself ordering Bohemia Beer. Smoother taste, less filling and a lower price add up to my choice!

Plus it don't have that nasty taste when it gets a little warm.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Stodgord said:
On my recent trip to the DR (in Hato Mayor) I noticed that more and more people were drinking Bohemia beer than Presidente. I hardly saw people with Presidente this time. I heard comments that Presidente was messing up their system.

What is going on?

What do you mean by "messing up their system". Is it that it makes you sick to drink it? or that the beer is being brewed differently?

Greetings friend. Como estan "los pichones"?

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Their system

Don Juan said:
What do you mean by "messing up their system". Is it that it makes you sick to drink it? or that the beer is being brewed differently?

Is to keep slamming their product down your throat without any break in the price what so ever. Bahemia is launching a marketing attack that Presidente either never saw coming or they figured that could weather. Well, they aren't doing too well with it. This is messing up their "system".

I know of numerous bar owners that can't get a Presidente representative for sh*t! But the truck shows up loaded with their belly wash!!! Go figure!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
DominicanScotty said:
Is to keep slamming their product down your throat without any break in the price what so ever. Bahemia is launching a marketing attack that Presidente either never saw coming or they figured that could weather. Well, they aren't doing too well with it. This is messing up their "system".

I know of numerous bar owners that can't get a Presidente representative for sh*t! But the truck shows up loaded with their belly wash!!! Go figure!

Just in case you missed my earlier post, Bohemia is made by the same company that makes Presidente. They are not fighting each other.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
It is.....

SKY said:
Just in case you missed my earlier post, Bohemia is made by the same company that makes Presidente. They are not fighting each other.

Stupid me..... I was thinking Brahma, is this how it is spelled??? I need a beer......

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Don Juan said:

Hola amigo. Los pichones estan bien, pero jodiendo mucho.

What I think they ment by messing up their system, is that Presidente leaves a hangover and a nasty taste. They also are saying that they no longer have problems with their stomach, and other organs after switching over.

Y sus hijas coma estan?