BM motorcycle parts needed

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am looking for replacement parts for a BM motorcycle, Yamaha Krypton looke-alike. In particular I need the plastic pieces that cover the frame. These are not readily available in the Sosua/Cabarete/Gaspar Hernandez area. We have been to all the local shops here without luck. They aren't here yet is the response. I have seen a number of these driving around like they are props from a Terminator movie.

There are 2 other "brands" of motorbike, KYM and Nipponia, that seem to be made in the same factory as the BM since they are virtually identical except for the emblems and stickers. No plastic housings for any of these three brands seem to be available. Has anyone found these in other parts of the country?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
windeguy said:
I am looking for replacement parts for a BM motorcycle, Yamaha Krypton looke-alike. In particular I need the plastic pieces that cover the frame. These are not readily available in the Sosua/Cabarete/Gaspar Hernandez area. We have been to all the local shops here without luck. They aren't here yet is the response. I have seen a number of these driving around like they are props from a Terminator movie.

There are 2 other "brands" of motorbike, KYM and Nipponia, that seem to be made in the same factory as the BM since they are virtually identical except for the emblems and stickers. No plastic housings for any of these three brands seem to be available. Has anyone found these in other parts of the country?
Is this one of these "no name" Chinese bikes?
If so, you can pretty much forget getting parts.
They have been importing these junkers for 10 years or so, and whenever a person is buying one, asking about parts availability, the sellers tell you that they are actually Yamahas or Hondas, and that you won't have any parts problems, which is a crock of shyte.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The sellers did indeed say that..

These are indeed the "no-name" machines. When we were shopping around, the sellers indeed did say that a Nipponia was made in Japan by Suzuki to compete against Yamaha. I quickly discovered that they were all Chinese, but who would think they would not bring in the spare parts? ever?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I met some of these guys importing them, approx 10 years ago, and they just laughed about the parts problem.
Other than burning the vendor's house & business down, and getting a Voodoo curse put on his descendants, I have no constructive suggestions for you.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Here's some suggestions .....

1) Just buy another one....

2) Buy a car it's safer .....

3) Cast your own out of fibreglass .....

With regards to the fibreglass option - This was the preffered choice by my friends and I when we were poor kids. It was inexpensive and really not that difficult to do. With a little practice you can probably get quite good at it and it would appear to me that there would be quite a market for them. ;)