Beware of Travelocity!!!!

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
A friend of mine ordered a ticket from Travelocity.com for some reasons the price in USD was like 30% less that if we'd purchase it here in Dominican Republic, these are not electronic tickets, so they should be sent to Dominicana by FEDEX, for additional 40 USD fee.

It's been 11 days for now, but we still have no information if the tickets were sent, I personally call every day and every time I hear the same answer:

We will provide you tracking number in 48 hours, but nothing happens and then the same answer comes.

First their agents tried to send a package to Dominica, I spent more than an hour to explain that these are 2 different island, then they tried to convience me that FEDEX doesn't serve Dominican Republic. Nobod knows a athing there, what a rude costumer service. Every time I call there I spend 40-60 minutes on hold.

I buy a lot from Expedia, and nothing like this happened. WHat a nightmare.

Today I went to read opinions about their services online and I realized that this is a normal situation for this company, a lot of people compain about surreal things from this provider.

http://www.epinions.com/webs-Web_Se...ion_list/pp_~1/sort_~prdrt/sort_dir_~asc#list

Last edited:

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Calling the knome

I'm calling for back up...No no, I don't mean back up!!!

Thanks for this info. I guess travelocity spends their budget on marketing and not customer service?

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
sounds bad..Customer Service is vital

they are usually ok to use

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Actually....

aviastar said:
A friend of mine ordered a ticket from Travelocity.com for some reasons the price in USD was like 30% less that if we'd purchase it here in Dominican Republic, these are not electronic tickets, so they should be sent to Dominicana by FEDEX, for additional 40 USD fee.

It's been 11 days for now, but we still have no information if the tickets were sent, I personally call every day and every time I hear the same answer:

We will provide you tracking number in 48 hours, but nothing happens and then the same answer comes.

First their agents tried to send a package to Dominica, I spent more than an hour to explain that these are 2 different island, then they tried to convience me that FEDEX doesn't serve Dominican Republic. Nobod knows a athing there, what a rude costumer service. Every time I call there I spend 40-60 minutes on hold.

I buy a lot from Expedia, and nothing like this happened. WHat a nightmare.

Today I went to read opinions about their services online and I realized that this is a normal situation for this company, a lot of people compain about surreal things from this provider.

http://www.epinions.com/webs-Web_Se...ion_list/pp_~1/sort_~prdrt/sort_dir_~asc#list
I had a little episode with Orbitz and then I came up with something clever:

1- I check Orbitz prices just to compare.
2- Then I book my flight THRU the actual Airline's web page. I select my own seats too. You don't even have to pay a "finder's fee". Since I have done this, for years, I have never had a problem.

Btw, if does not hurt to enroll in the Airline's mileage program and get some free tickets every now and then!!.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
miguel said:
I had a little episode with Orbitz and then I came up with something clever:

1- I check Orbitz prices just to compare.
2- Then I book my flight THRU the actual Airline's web page. I select my own seats too. You don't even have to pay a "finder's fee". Since I have done this, for years, I have never had a problem.

Btw, if does not hurt to enroll in the Airline's mileage program and get some free tickets every now and then!!.
That's exactly what I do with Travelocity. I'm not sure why anyone would do anything else, unless they are booking an air/car/hotel type of package.

People think Orbitz and Travelocity have special rates; they don't. They scour the various websites and show you the lowest "published" fares (and then, depending on the airline, tack on a small processing fee).

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
True!

rellosk said:
That's exactly what I do with Travelocity. I'm not sure why anyone would do anything else, unless they are booking an air/car/hotel type of package.

People think Orbitz and Travelocity have special rates; they don't. They scour the various websites and show you the lowest "published" fares (and then, depending on the airline, tack on a small processing fee).
Actually, I have booked my whole trip, air/car/hotel, using the Airline's web page. They do offer packages also.

But I must say, better to check the Airline's package and then booking the car and hotel thru the hotel and car's company's web site.

Jan 5, 2006
aviastar said:
...these are not electronic tickets
Why? That is what created the problem!

I've never booked airline tickets with Travelocity, but have booked hotels a few times (5 or 6) and never had a problem.