False paternity in 50% cases

Mateo Lopez

Jan 25, 2006
Am I the only one who finds this disturbing?

From yesterday's DR1 News:

Fifty out of every hundred cases of paternity tests at the Patria Rivas Laboratory result in the discovery that the person believed to be a child's biological father is not actually the father, according to Vilma Diaz Rivas, the laboratory's technical manager. She says this is an abnormally high percentage. She revealed this fact during a press conference to announce the Patria Rivas Laboratory's accreditation by the American Association of Blood Banks. The lab conducts some 800 paternity tests every year at a cost of RD$15,000 to RD$20,000 each. There is no margin of error.

50%?!? Talk about flipping a coin...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Man, oh man!

Mateo Lopez said:

Fifty out of every hundred cases of paternity tests at the Patria Rivas Laboratory result in the discovery that the person believed to be a child's biological father is not actually the father, according to Vilma Diaz Rivas, the laboratory's technical manager. She says this is an abnormally high percentage. She revealed this fact during a press conference to announce the Patria Rivas Laboratory's accreditation by the American Association of Blood Banks. The lab conducts some 800 paternity tests every year at a cost of RD$15,000 to RD$20,000 each. There is no margin of error.

If that is true, I can already see those foreigners and Dominicans living in the DR and abroad, RUNNING to get "tested". MANY WILL be surprised, I can asure you!!.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
BIG FAT LIE or Just Too Many to Keep Track Of???

So what's the deal here??

Is the girl just finding a "suitable" daddy to con (after she's been impregnanted by another guy), so that he'll raise and take care of her kid or is it more like the women on the Jerry Springer Show, were the girls are sleeping with any and everything and honestly can't keep track of whom the baby's daddy is??

-Helpmann :)

Jan 5, 2006
Helpmann, you're almost right! A lot of these women are sleeping around and they have a good idea as to who the real father may be, but they pick the most economically advantageous man out of the bunch to "hold the bag".

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
What!!

Ricardo900 said:
Like the old saying goes:
"Mama's Baby, Papa's Maybe"
What?.

Are you telling me that my Dominican son, just becuase he is not white like me, does not have light brown eyes as I, does not have my cute nose, does not have the same silky hair as I do, in his 3 years, has a bigger johnson than me, is already taller than me, is not really mine?. Come on!!.

Just kidding, no kids in the DR. Not yesterday, today nor tomorrow. Garantizado 100%.

As Johnny Ventura would say: "Oye capullo (or sorullo) el negrito e' el unico tuyo...".

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
smart ones

at least these men are the Smart Ones that actually get tested as opposed to the one who take the womans word for it and later find out the truth. In my humble opinion, this should be a standard practice for all men who have dominican baby mamas. RD$15,000 pesos is a small price to pay for peace of mind!

*also a lot cheaper than buying the baby mama a new house, car, allowance, ect...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I hope the OP is not one of those who supported the sexual revolution?

This is part of the sexual freedoms... it's not as if anyone ever listens to the church or the Bible or anything... :cheeky:

And this is a "Catholic" country, yeah right!

-NALs

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005
They had doubts to begin with

I do not think that 50 % is high; If They went to get tested is because they had their doubts. With all the infidelity/sex going on in DR these results should be expected.

I have met a lot of unmarried women in DR with children aged a few years apart from diff fathers.

Bonao99

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Get the test and then warn the mother

"That you have accused me and are therefore wrong in accusing me". Threaten her with prison and to sue her for all legal costs if she is wrong and see how this sobers her up. I mean, it isn't as if she can ever pay you, however it is the threat that will usually work. According to my Dominican lawyer, women that wrongfully accuse a man of being the father can be imprisoned.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
bonao99 said:
I do not think that 50 % is high; If They went to get tested is because they had their doubts. With all the infidelity/sex going on in DR these results should be expected.
Bonao99
Exactly.

It's not 50% of all births.
Now that would be shocking.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
DominicanScotty said:
"That you have accused me and are therefore wrong in accusing me". Threaten her with prison and to sue her for all legal costs if she is wrong and see how this sobers her up. I mean, it isn't as if she can ever pay you, however it is the threat that will usually work. According to my Dominican lawyer, women that wrongfully accuse a man of being the father can be imprisoned.
That's hard to believe unless one can prove malice, which could be very difficult.

Last edited:

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
The header of the newsclip is misleading, resulting in folks misinterpreting the data and the message. It is not that the laboratory is producing incorrect results 50% of time.

It's that of the paternity claims being brought to the lab 50% of the cases consist of some female falsely claiming "you're the daddy" to some guy crapping in his pants. Hence, Bonao99's comment is right on point.

D

Mateo Lopez said:

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Going by what I am told

Malibook said:
That's hard to believe unless one can prove malice, which could be very difficult.

Then my lawyer is a liar. Has this ever happen to you yet? Look at what the OP ( I edited here as the OP is from another similar thread) is going through right now. This woman is attempting to destroy his life. Yet, she hasn't proved doodly squat! She is going through the courts and this poor guy like a ram rod. You don't think that is malicious??? Believe what you want to believe. I wasn't trying to convince you or anyone else of this fact either way. Again, these posts are to "warn through inform". Whether people want to believe it or not is their business. I do know this works because it worked for me a long time ago. *sigh* As for the real father who was going around Sabeneta calling me a "cabron"? I beat his a** Dominican style, malicious enough?

I will be back with the name and the law number for this offense. Just got off the phone with my lawyer, he is looking it up, the stinking liar that he is *sigh* LOL

Last edited:

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
DominicanScotty said:
Then my lawyer is a liar. Has this ever happen to you yet? Look at what the OP is going through right now. This woman is attempting to destroy his life. Yet, she hasn't proved doodly squat! She is going through the courts and this poor guy like a ram rod. You don't think that is malicious???
I don't recall claiming or implying that your lawyer is a liar.

I don't doubt that it is possible.

I simply meant that I find it hard to believe that there is much likelihood of the woman actually ending up in prison.

So of the 50% of the women who are wrong either intentionally or honestly mistaken, how many actually end up in jail?
What would a typical sentence be?

As for the OP, what are you talking about?
The OP finds this story disturbing.
I don't see any reference to a woman trying to destroy his life.
This being his first post, where did you get this from?

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Never mind

Malibook said:
I don't recall claiming or implying that your lawyer is a liar.

I don't doubt that it is possible.

I simply meant that I find it hard to believe that there is much likelihood of the woman actually ending up in prison.

So of the 50% of the women who are wrong either intentionally or honestly mistaken, how many actually end up in jail?
What would a typical sentence be?

As for the OP, what are you talking about?
The OP finds this story disturbing.
I don't see any reference to a woman trying to destroy his life.
This being his first post, where did you get this from?

There is a law and if men wish to excercize it and throw a few of these lying women in jail it might just send a message. Andddddddddddddddd...if these men did in fact do the act they should pay up or they go to jail. However, we are discussing the bogus paternity cases which are being brought against men at ridiculous rates and their subsequent high rate of falsehood.

Ahhh, from another thread regarding a guy going through this same situation. Sorry that I do read more then one thread on this site and figured others were up to date on things as well. Oooooppps my bad. The reason why you didn't know where I got my opinion from.

Hey debate is good, have a good evening now. ;-)

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
bonao99 said:
I have met a lot of unmarried women in DR with children aged a few years apart from diff fathers.

Bonao99

Like the joke is the Clown Bin:

Woman with 10 kids goes to the Family Planning Clinic for contraceptives

"What are the kid's names?"

"David, David, David, David, David, David, David, David, David, & David" she said.

"How do you call them to dinner?"

"I just yell David, and they come arunnin'"

"What if you want one particular child?"

"Oh, then I use his last name!!"

HB :D:D:D

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
It could have been a lot worse. About two congressional sessions ago, women's groups were protesting when the lower house (Diputados) failed by a scant margin to approve a law that would grant mothers the unilateral right to fill in the name of the father when applying for a birth certificate for their children.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Wow

Mirador said:
It could have been a lot worse. About two congressional sessions ago, women's groups were protesting when the lower house (Diputados) failed by a scant margin to approve a law that would grant mothers the unilateral right to fill in the name of the father when applying for a birth certificate for their children.

That is really scary...hmmm who has more money????