bank transfers

dmad

Jun 12, 2004
What is the best way to leaveyour money in Canada and transfer it down there as you need to.
Thanks

dmad

Jun 12, 2004
Larger amounts

Thanks skyblue.
I am interested more in long term and larger amount.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
wire transfers :glasses:

don't use western union, they are a rip off. you can have money sent directly to caribe tour for a fraction of the cost. no, you don't need an a/c with caribe tour. i'm sure others will chime in w/more information for you. good luck

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife transfered $9000 Canadian to her BHD account in the DR through her Scotia Bank Account here, and it cost around $40. The money was not available for her for about 4 days, but other than that things were smooth.

mg1110

Sep 24, 2005
We retired in Bavaro and kept our bank account in the USA, we opened an account in Banco Popular in dollars (a minimum) and write us a check for the amount we may need for the next 2 or 3 months and deposit it here. It takes about 30 days to clear but we don't have to pay the $50 transfer fee. That way we are not short and just go to the bank when needed, get an amount and then either change it to pesos at the bank or with a "cambista" that we now know, whoever gives us more. :)

kdeer

Mar 28, 2006
We opened both a US $ and Peso account at Banco Santa Cruz. We transfer money from our bank in Canada to BSC if needed at a minimal fee but typically everytime we come down we bring money with us and deposit it directly.