Dominican Ambulance

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I was traveling down Sarasota in the capital the other day and I noticed an AMET jeep screaming towards me in my rear mirror. I pulled to the side (unlike anyone else) and let him pass. Now I could see why he was driving so fast, looked like someone was in an accident and the jeep was an ambulance. These poor person looked out of it and their legs were bouncing and jumping all over the place. I hope they survived.

I snapped a photo with my cell phone.

amet_amb.jpg

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
So, in case of a heart attack or any other emergency, how do they take people to the nearest hospital/clinic? Do private clinics have their own ambulances and are they quicker or more effective? Is there something similar to a 911 service there?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
juancarlos said:
So, in case of a heart attack or any other emergency, how do they take people to the nearest hospital/clinic? Do private clinics have their own ambulances and are they quicker or more effective? Is there something similar to a 911 service there?

Maybe there is something in Santo Domingo and Santiago, but if you are in Sosua,best bet is probably to call a taxi to take you to Centro Medico Bournigal in Puerto Plata.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
One more pothole, and that dude was going to be splattered onto the pavement.
What the heck were they thinking to have him hanging out that way?