inexpensive seafood (lobster) in Las Terrenas?

DavidM

Jun 29, 2006
I am looking for some inexpensive places to get seafood in Las Terrenas. For example, is there anyplace that I can sit down and eat a Lobster meal (maybe with rice and vegetables) for under $10 USD (325 RD)? If so, where? I would appreciate both the name and location of any such place to eat. Also, let me know what it is near, so I can find it.

Just to keep with the theme of this folder, I am looking for the BEST inexpensive seafood option in Law Terrenas.

Let's not just limit ourselves to lobster. All seafood. By the way, does this BEST place in LT that you are going to tell me about have conch fritters? What is the best dish to select at this BEST inexpensive seafood restaurant?

Last edited:

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Time for some tough love Davey-boy,

Someone on this board may know where you can get Lobster in LT for $10, but I doubt it. From the first post you made here, you have asked DR1 member to come up with miraculous solutions to problems of your own making. It all seems to be centered around the fact that you are OBSESSED with the idea of going to Las Terrenas, one of the more inacessable tourists destinations in the DR, even though you have a very limited time. You actually booked a flight into Punta Cana, thinking you could get to Las Terrenas and back in 24 hours. When You realized this was ridiculous, you changed to SDQ, and allowed yourself 48 hours. Possible, but totally senseless!

People have tried to help. I even PM'd you with info on getting from SDQ to Las Terrenas when the moderators closed most of your threads because you were tieing up half the board with posts in multiple forums. Now you want $20 air conditioned hotel rooms in LT and $10 lobster. Do you realize how much you will be paying just in gas (at $4.50/gal) to get from SDQ to LT and back?

Here is my suggestion if you want to have a pleasant vacation, and you would do well to take it.

Forget Las Terrenas for now!!!

It makes absolutely no sense to go to the lengths you need to go for the time you have. It is a beautiful place, but in reality not that different from many others much more conveniently located.

When you get off the plane in SDQ you are less than a 15 minute drive from Boca Chica. There are lots of air conditioned hotel rooms for under $40. Try this link.

http://www.bocachicabeach.net/

Reserve a room. Most hotels there will provide free airport transfer for a 3 night stay, but since you only have 2, perhaps you can negotiate a good rate for this, or you can go ahead and rent a car, but save on the gas to LT. I would say that you will be as likely or moreso to get good, cheap seafood there as well. Boca Chica is sometimes maligned as "sleazy", but if you check the travel guides, you'll see a lot of the same things said about LT. The beach is beautiful and tranquil, and food and drinks are readily available, as are other "ammenities";)

Have a relaxing 2 days and return home with a smile on your face. If you try what you are planning in LT, I'm afraid you will not only spend a lot more $, but will find it more an ordeal than a vacation.

Good luck!

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
las terrenas

sweetdbt said:
Time for some tough love Davey-boy,

Someone on this board may know where you can get Lobster in LT for $10, but I doubt it. From the first post you made here, you have asked DR1 member to come up with miraculous solutions to problems of your own making. It all seems to be centered around the fact that you are OBSESSED with the idea of going to Las Terrenas, one of the more inacessable tourists destinations in the DR, even though you have a very limited time. You actually booked a flight into Punta Cana, thinking you could get to Las Terrenas and back in 24 hours. When You realized this was ridiculous, you changed to SDQ, and allowed yourself 48 hours. Possible, but totally senseless!

People have tried to help. I even PM'd you with info on getting from SDQ to Las Terrenas when the moderators closed most of your threads because you were tieing up half the board with posts in multiple forums. Now you want $20 air conditioned hotel rooms in LT and $10 lobster. Do you realize how much you will be paying just in gas (at $4.50/gal) to get from SDQ to LT and back?

Here is my suggestion if you want to have a pleasant vacation, and you would do well to take it.

Forget Las Terrenas for now!!!

It makes absolutely no sense to go to the lengths you need to go for the time you have. It is a beautiful place, but in reality not that different from many others much more conveniently located.

When you get off the plane in SDQ you are less than a 15 minute drive from Boca Chica. There are lots of air conditioned hotel rooms for under $40. Try this link.

http://www.bocachicabeach.net/

Reserve a room. Most hotels there will provide free airport transfer for a 3 night stay, but since you only have 2, perhaps you can negotiate a good rate for this, or you can go ahead and rent a car, but save on the gas to LT. I would say that you will be as likely or moreso to get good, cheap seafood there as well. Boca Chica is sometimes maligned as "sleazy", but if you check the travel guides, you'll see a lot of the same things said about LT. The beach is beautiful and tranquil, and food and drinks are readily available, as are other "ammenities";)

Have a relaxing 2 days and return home with a smile on your face. If you try what you are planning in LT, I'm afraid you will not only spend a lot more $, but will find it more an ordeal than a vacation.

Good luck!

I agree with everything in this thread....forget LT...it is probably the most expensive spot on the DR...I lived there for a year and could not afford it...no such thing as a $10. lobster....or a $20. a night with ac....most of the hotels are shut down,with only the expensive ones available...
spend your money wisely somewhere else....Boca Chica,Juan Dolio/....
bob