calling card recs

ryanS

Jul 11, 2006
Hey I've got some kind of distant relatives in the DR that my family and I are trying to stay in contact with. We saw them last winter and that was good but they don't have internet connections and they can't afford to call the States too often so it's tough to do anything but write letters and arrange times for us to call. We were thinking about mailing some calling cards to them so they could call us instead of just us calling them, but it's hard to know where to begin with that. Any recommendations?

cbarrin

Feb 1, 2005
okay...this only works for this end...but go to uniontelecard.com...and buy the purple card...if you call to a land line...it's $20 for 6 hours...so you'll still be doing the calling...but hey, it's cheaper...

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
ryanS said:
Hey I've got some kind of distant relatives in the DR that my family and I are trying to stay in contact with. We saw them last winter and that was good but they don't have internet connections and they can't afford to call the States too often so it's tough to do anything but write letters and arrange times for us to call. We were thinking about mailing some calling cards to them so they could call us instead of just us calling them, but it's hard to know where to begin with that. Any recommendations?
What phone service provider do they have in the DR? Is it a land line or a cell phone?

How much per month are you budgeting?

BTW, Welcome to DR1.

Last edited: