Lurker becomes member after 3 years

JorgeBell

Jul 11, 2006
Hi just wanted to introduce myself I have been visiting this site for 3 years reading the daily news, message boards etc.. thought it was about time I joined.

I live in Ontario (Canada) and have visited the Dominican Republic twice, in 1991 and 2001. If my memory serves me in '91 stayed at Sosua by The Sea(got engaged there what a mistake) and Playa Dorada in 2001 (Victoria).

Have learned tons about the D.R. good and bad from the threads. Hope to visit Sosua in late August for a week. Will definately check out Rocky's and Eddy's to mention a few. Thanks

P.S. I met a dominican girl last time there fell in love J.K. LOL

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Welcome to DR1 fellow Canadian.;)

Hope you enjoy asking questions now that you have finally made your first post. Getting your feet wet is half the fun.

G

gary short

You've been lurking a long time before I even knew about DR1.....so you should be welcoming me... BTW welcome to DR1 fellow Canuck.

G

gary short

No.....I was.........never.....sniff.......welcomed......sniff......but it's always been that way with me.........sniff.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
gary short said:
No.....I was.........never.....sniff.......welcomed......sniff......but it's always been that way with me.........sniff.

My deepest apologies Gary. :eek:

Gary short welcome to DR1, we hope you enjoy this board and please feel at home when making smart ass remarks :laugh:

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Are you the Jorge Bell that played baseball in the 1980s? I believe he was Dominican.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
gary short said:
Short people always get the short end of the short stick.
It just ain't fair.

JorgeBell

Jul 11, 2006
"Are you the Jorge Bell that played baseball in the 1980s? I believe he was Dominican."

Yes he was no just my fav. player back then and that was a great outfield for the jays in the 80's along with another dominican Tony Fernandez(all time Dominican hit leader for now)

JorgeBell

Jul 11, 2006
Thanks for the welcomes

I enjoy many threads on different subjects however the sankie ones got old quick haha I enjoy trip reports and current event threads the most

May 12, 2005
Ay! Tony Fernandez, probably one of my least favorite players of all time. Although I should thank him for breaking his arm during Spring training in 1996 and opening the way for Derek Jeter.