Physical therapy???

hokiePT

Jul 5, 2006
I am wondering if there are physical therapy jobs available? If so, what is the demand, and if not, is there demand? Thinking of moving to DR, but don't know what the health system is like and whether there would be a job available for a physical therapist??

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I would think you could develop a private clientele, but you would have to link up with the right people so your services begin to be known.

I would think you would have to come with your living costs for at least a year as you network to make your skills known. Usually the doctors refer the patients, so you probably would have to get involved with that community.

hokiePT

Jul 5, 2006
Thank you for that tip...where do you think is the best area to live in to be able to make those connections...where there is a higher medical profession population?

Alfred

Oct 12, 2011
This is very good tip discussions are quite quite awesome the thing is there are so many jobs in physical therapy field available in the different areas like im in Texas and student of it soon im goona become the professional physical therapist.............

Nov 25, 2008
I would rethink your assessment on moving down to the DR, in your field its not really a money maker here; my daughter is studying and her main goal is to leave the DR and venture in the states.
Dolores gave you a good tip; if you were to consider the DR; first you have to know the "best" doctors who do replacements to get their referral...I would think you have a better opportunities in the states, or am I wrong?