casa de campo

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yris and I are going to CASA DE CAMPO for 3 days and there isn't any reviews in the DR1 reviews. Has anyone stayed in the hotel and have anything negative/positive to say? The "Dominican price " is half of what their website gives you for rates. I haven't decided whether to Golf or not, because it's caro, but having said that, is it worth the price?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I stayed in the villas/hotel once. theyre nice and right on the original Pete Dye golf course. Theyre like little chalets. You get a golf cart with your room... and it's necessary because everything's so spread out. For half the listed price, Id stay there again, it's beautiful, peaceful, and some decent restaurants, but IMO, it's not worth their regular prices... If you play gold I think one of their course is considered one of the top 10 or so in the world, so it's probably worth the money to play it... Check out the marina area and altos de chavon while you're there.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
i think it's very nice, but very boring. you can find other places to stay and get more bang for your buck.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife's choice and she's paying; besides we are boring people, that just like to read, eat good food, ride horses, play golf, listen to music, shop, talk about ways to make money...etc. Sound perfect for us, and we are getting for very good rates, cheaper than we have paid at playa dorado...etc.

johnny C

Sep 15, 2004
Casa de Campo is first class. A great place to do all the things you described. The golf is great - try out the new course "Dye Fore" at Altos de Chavon. Just for my info - what is the 1/2 rate that you are getting?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
bob saunders said:
besides we are boring people, that just like to read, eat good food, ride horses, play golf, listen to music, shop, talk about ways to make money...etc.
For a self-proclaimed "boring" couple, you and your wife sure do enjoy alot of non-boring things! :cheeky:

The main reason for Casa's success is it's activities and sports selection. The best ANYWHERE!

Try your luck at the skeet shooting, if you have good eye coordination it should be plenty of fun!

-NALs