Help me with hotels in Las Terrenas - is my info old?

DavidM

Jun 29, 2006
I have been looking for inexpensive hotels in Las Terrenas. My research indicates the following prices for one person to stay at the following hotels at the end of August 2006:

1. Hotel Playa Colibri - $70 per night (no a/c)
2. Palapa Beach Hotel - $30
3. Kari Beach Hotel ($40 no a/c or $50 for a/c)
4. Hotel Palococo ($40 no a/c or $50 for a/c)
5. Rancho Suisse ($17??)
6. Casa Nina good location, quality staff ($30)
7. Hotel Diny (cold water only) (loud from disco if windows open) $22 for no a/c, $30 with a/c
8. El Marinique - $49 per night (no a/c)
9. Fata Morgana (hostel) - $10? Is this accurate? (I assume no a/c)
10. Kanesh Beach (no a/c $25)
11. Arcoiris Accomodation (no a/c and requires minimum payment of 2 people)
12. Casa Robinson (loud from disco) $26 with no a/c
13. Tropic Banana ($60)
14. Hotel Villa Caracol ($40)
15. Supercolmado Frank has rooms for around US$12
16. L'Aubergine (rooms above a busy restaurant)
17. Los Pinos ($30-$70 with A/C)
18. Las Cayenas. (the restaurant has good stewed crab)

I have heard a lot of good things about Hotel Playa Colibri, but I would rather spend LESS money and sleep in A/C. With that in mind, please help me choose the best value for the money. Feel free to add any comments about noise, smells, water, price inaccuracies, etc. Maybe this thread can help others in the future in addition to me. I will have a car, so the hotel's distance from things in town is not a big deal for me.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
hotels

DavidM said:
I have been looking for inexpensive hotels in Las Terrenas. My research indicates the following prices for one person to stay at the following hotels at the end of August 2006:

1. Hotel Playa Colibri - $70 per night (no a/c)
2. Palapa Beach Hotel - $30
3. Kari Beach Hotel ($40 no a/c or $50 for a/c)
4. Hotel Palococo ($40 no a/c or $50 for a/c)
5. Rancho Suisse ($17??)
6. Casa Nina good location, quality staff ($30)
7. Hotel Diny (cold water only) (loud from disco if windows open) $22 for no a/c, $30 with a/c
8. El Marinique - $49 per night (no a/c)
9. Fata Morgana (hostel) - $10? Is this accurate? (I assume no a/c)
10. Kanesh Beach (no a/c $25)
11. Arcoiris Accomodation (no a/c and requires minimum payment of 2 people)
12. Casa Robinson (loud from disco) $26 with no a/c
13. Tropic Banana ($60)
14. Hotel Villa Caracol ($40)
15. Supercolmado Frank has rooms for around US$12
16. L'Aubergine (rooms above a busy restaurant)
17. Los Pinos ($30-$70 with A/C)
18. Las Cayenas. (the restaurant has good stewed crab)

I have heard a lot of good things about Hotel Playa Colibri, but I would rather spend LESS money and sleep in A/C. With that in mind, please help me choose the best value for the money. Feel free to add any comments about noise, smells, water, price inaccuracies, etc. Maybe this thread can help others in the future in addition to me. I will have a car, so the hotel's distance from things in town is not a big deal for me.

colibri is the only hotel I recommend i LT all others are marginal.....
bob

Donato

Jul 7, 2007
Las Terrenas

Kanesh Beach Hotel is my choice. The rooms are clean and the Hotel is located right at the beach. The staff talks english and are very nice. Also you get free big breakfast. Price $50.00 US Dollars. 809-240-6080

pfolino

Aug 23, 2007
www.lasterranas
One has to set reasonable expectations when considering a visit to LT. For me, its the rural allure and overall beauty of the beaches, mountains, etc that have continuously brought me back to LT. Its certainly not the 5 star hotels. If your expecting the Taj Mahal, your not going to find it here, although there are more than adequate accomodations. I feel one has to make some sacrifices in order to enjoy the true experience of LT. Personally, I wouldn't be coming if the place was over developed with high end contemporary establishments.