Looking for Company that Custom Casting

lr.444

Jul 14, 2006
Can Anyone Help Me
I'm looking for company in the Dominican Republic that does custom casting if some can refer me to a company in the Dominican Republic It would be great Help

Thank You
Linc

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I don't know what kind of custom casting you are doing (heck, I don't even know what custom casting is); but there was a sculpturer (or should that be a sculptress) that used to post on DR1. She did some research on facilities in the DR, and I believe she didn't find anything sufficient for her needs. Your needs are probably different.

If she or no-one else chimes in, I can probably connect with her with you.

BTW, welcome to DR1.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a place in Santo Domingo that does castings but you haven't said qhat it is you want to cast//// A bronze horse with Leonel on top?
It is located near 30 de Marzo where JFK ends....yeah, I know, but I can find it if need be..

HB

lr.444

Jul 14, 2006
Thank you for your response
I'm sorry that I did not give a better discription of what kind of casting company I needed.

I need a metal caster, cabinet door handels
in any part of the Country.

Thank you for your help
LR

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Like i said there is one in Santo Domingo and one here in Santiago, over near the Zona Franca on the Circumvalacion. i am sure that there are others...
When and where do you want to look?

HB :D

lr.444

Jul 14, 2006
Thank you
I will Check in the Zona Franca Areas

Since I posted my question I had a Couple of people email me with me different companys
once again Thank You
LR

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
I am also looking for a casting company. One for bronze and aluminium. (furniture related)
I tried contacting Ir 444 but without any luck.
So, if the people that send him a pm can please reply one more time I would be a happy man. ;)

Thank you.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
There is what looks like a big company on the south side of the main road through La Romana that does casting work, and worked metal. They do cast lawn furniture and ornaments, and now do the highly decorated driveway gates that look like they would cost $50k in the states.

Maybe chuckuindy or someone else who is in La Romana can post the name and contact info here.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
OK folks, here's the skinny. I took a drive to La Romana this morning to get your information.

The company is called "El Artistico" and their fabrication place is in La Romana at Km 3 1/2, Carretera La Romana, La Romana. They are a few blocks before the corner where you would turn right to go around La Romana to get to Casa de Campo and Higuey (on the Santo Domingo side of this intersection). Look for a 35' tall fabricated seahorse in the front of their casting area, on the south side of the carretera.

The owner's name is Jose, and he seems very customer-oriented and very happy. He has a sales lady who speaks English very well, Jamie Santana. Her telephone number is (809) 417-7028. The company's general telephone is (809) 556-8373. E-mail address is: el_artistico@hotmail.com and you can add in the subject line : "Attention: Jamie Santana" if you want to write the message in English.

Jamie gave me the full tour. They do custom casting with no minimum quantities in copper, bronze, aluminum, and mixtures of the same metals. They make the molds needed, do the pour, and then the finishing work.

This morning they were casting a bell for a church, several hundred pieces of aluminum and bronze for hundreds of custom free-standing lighting fixtures they are making for a large hotel in Jamaica, and some other bronze pieces.

They also fabricate anything in iron/steel, bronze, copper sheet, aluminum, stainless steel, and whatever else. It looked like they will make whatever a person can imagine. They make hundreds of different types of lamps, ornaments, furniture, fences, window guards, doors, driveway gates. they had 2 lifesize banana trees made from copper, standing 15' and 20' tall.

They made as one of their largest pieces the 100' tall metal clock tower in the middle of 27 de Febrero between Ave Abraham Lincoln and Ave Winston Churchill in Santo Domingo, and I think they could even rework the statue of a mounted Hipolito at the San Isidro Air Base and succeed in making him look heroic, instead of as an oaf.

I hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Man, thats a big helping hand! All creds to you.
I think its just to contact them and take a drive down there.

Again, thanks a LOT!!!