Mid-DEC, RT airfare from Ohio, is it a GOOD DEAL?

tvldeals

Jul 15, 2006
OK......

Am I wrong??

I am thinking we should HOLD out for our airfare since we don't leave until the 3rd week in December, 2006.

BUT.....right now I see airfare for $466 RT on US Airways (includes all taxes) and its out of CLEVELAND. We leave on a Monday, and get back on a Friday. Our return date is the 22nd to be exact...

The schedule seems good too. We've never flown US Airways so not sure how reliable their service is to Punta Cana as far as delays and the like.

But is this fare realistically as good as it will get????

I don't want to kick myself by being too zealous and seeing it go down another $50 to $100 or so but then it could go UP and never get even this low again...

its still sitting at $466 for 3 days now......am I in dreamland thinking it could possibly STILL go down to $350 RT from CLE to PUJ for my dates. Anyone ever see it go this low?

Procrastinating I know.....

We already have our resort booked.....so its the air only that we need.

Anyhow, could use some insight as we have not traveled in December before to know.

Thanks for any and all input!

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
not sure if us airways does this, but american will give you a refund if ticket price goes down. 466 is not bad, but wait to hear from other as i fly for $365 or more out of miami to pop direct.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Booking travel is always a gamble...but that fare sounds excellent, I would get on it and book. Most US airlines will give a refund in the form of a voucher for use for future travel. Good luck.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
I fly from CLE all the time.....

....I wish I could get the rate you are saying you have. Very rare to even get the price you are stating (including taxes). Typical in the 600 range and more. And in December....almost never less than 800 bucks. I fly CO though....to STI.

Suerte!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
skyblue said:
not sure if us airways does this, but american will give you a refund if ticket price goes down. 466 is not bad, but wait to hear from other as i fly for $365 or more out of miami to pop direct.
I know in the old days the airlines would refund the difference in cash. These days I think the will give you a credit voucher for the difference in fare, minus a change fee. That fee may range from $25 to $75.

purplebunniern

May 13, 2004
US airways

I flew with them this June and the service was great. I just booked with spirit for SDQ for 350 from detroit. Im thinking that was the best I was going to see.:bunny: