Work visa to U.S. for Dominican chica

guananico

Jul 12, 2006
I am sure this has been beat to death but I need some good direct advice. What I am trying to do is get a lady a work visa to come to the U.S. Due to some legal issues getting a fiancee/marraige visa is not possible. Please do not lecture me on the virtues (or lack thereof) of Dominican girls. I have 2 corporations in the U.S. and was hoping to be able to use one of them as a vehicle to get her here on the work visa.

Particular questions are as follows.

1) What is needed to build a successful application for this sort of visa.
2) What is the criteria expected from the employer to be successful in the application.
3) What has to be completed in the states and what needs to be done in the D.R.
4) What is the normal time frame for acceptance (entire process)
5) Is there a good chance of getting this type of visa.
6) Is it necessary to hire a lawyer?
7) Will they require a pregnancy test? (Please...no lecture)

Again...please no lectures. This was my idea.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have seen nannys getting work visas. So it can be done.

I believe that there are some hoops to jump through. Let me ask my boy and find out what they did....I'll get back to you.

HB:D:D

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
guananico said:
Is it necessary to hire a lawyer?
It's probably not necessary, but a knowledgeable lawyer will be able to answer your questions, and anticipate the potential problems in the process.

WINSTRIC

Jan 7, 2003
As usual, Hillbilly's advice of the nanny option sounds pretty good, unless your
two corporations, are good and profitable, and could show a specific need
(H-1b visa). Not easy, but possible! I have done two in the past. It cost
about $7500.00 ea. And for the bad news! You should find a competent
immigration lawyer! Again not easy, but possible! It is not generally a quick
process. One year or more. But it could be faster now.
Good Luck,
Winstric
PS. As Far As Virtue, I Am Sure She Is Way Better Than Most! ;)

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
WINSTRIC said:
PS. As Far As Virtue, I Am Sure She Is Way Better Than Most! ;)
As are they all...:bunny::bunny:

To the OP: If you have 2 corporations, I could use a job. I am already in the US and a citizen, so....no visa problems!!!:bunny::bunny::bunny:

guananico

Jul 12, 2006
Thanks for the advice but at this point it does not matter.

I really think I had an outstanding and loving Dominican woman. I believe she was totally honest and all she wanted was my love and affection.

From all the advice I have read here and in other forums I was always extremely leery and always looked for the little signs or the little problems. There never was any signs nor was there any problems but my skeptism made up problems that weren't even there. After all the negativity I was sure that this girl couldn't be different. After all it seems they are all the same. I accused her of getting messages from someone that said "Te Amo'' on her phone. I cursed her and simply knew it was some other chico. She showed me the message, it was from me.

Yesterday she went to visit her sister in the campo and for some reason she was not accepting my calls so I assumed she was having an affair. I sent nasty message after nasty message accusing her of what I figured was bound to happen. When she came home with a dead phone I tried to keep her from seeing the messages. She read them and started crying. This morning, she was gone with all her humble belongings in her little crappy $5.00 sack. Of course I checked, but all my stuff was here including the $1000.00 US emergency fund that she knew of.

All she needed was that crappy little sack because she refused to let me buy her anything. I bought her a couple of nice outfits for her birthday last month. They are still hanging in the closet. The gold chain of mine that I gave her to wear was neatly placed on the night stand. Under the chain was a simple note "tu eres mi vida".

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
guananico said:
Thanks for the advice but at this point it does not matter.

I really think I had an outstanding and loving Dominican woman. I believe she was totally honest and all she wanted was my love and affection.

From all the advice I have read here and in other forums I was always extremely leery and always looked for the little signs or the little problems. There never was any signs nor was there any problems but my skeptism made up problems that weren't even there. After all the negativity I was sure that this girl couldn't be different. After all it seems they are all the same. I accused her of getting messages from someone that said "Te Amo'' on her phone. I cursed her and simply knew it was some other chico. She showed me the message, it was from me.

Yesterday she went to visit her sister in the campo and for some reason she was not accepting my calls so I assumed she was having an affair. I sent nasty message after nasty message accusing her of what I figured was bound to happen. When she came home with a dead phone I tried to keep her from seeing the messages. She read them and started crying. This morning, she was gone with all her humble belongings in her little crappy $5.00 sack. Of course I checked, but all my stuff was here including the $1000.00 US emergency fund that she knew of.

All she needed was that crappy little sack because she refused to let me buy her anything. I bought her a couple of nice outfits for her birthday last month. They are still hanging in the closet. The gold chain of mine that I gave her to wear was neatly placed on the night stand. Under the chain was a simple note "tu eres mi vida".
What a turn of events in less than 24 hours. Triste.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
These forums are a tremendous knowledge base for information about the Dominican Republic. That being said, if you let what other people say about Dominicans dictate your life and judge your love based on other's bad experiences, it will poison your mind.

I hope she can find it in her heart to forgive you. Stay out of Mars/Venus forum, because now you've learned your lesson on what you have vs what others have or have had. Sad fact is, many people on here will still try to convince you that leaving was all part of her game. Only you know her, so don't let others try to tell you who she is. I feel that the percentage of bad Dominicans are relevant to every other country in the world - there are good and bad everywhere...remember that most people's experiences on this board revolve around the tourist trade. I married into a family of beautiful Dominicans who have changed my life.

Best of luck. Grovel if you have to. Women love that.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Very well put Trina.

We only hear the bad side of the coin because that is what stands out, talked about most and remembered. The good stories are forgotten or the happy couples can't be bothered posting about it.

guananico

Jul 12, 2006
thanks

Please understand that I do not resent anything presented in these forums. I do have a huge resentment towards myself for not thinking with my own mind.

If I can find her I will grovel....big time.