My heart has been ripped out!

stock

Aug 2, 2005
Hello all, it's been a while. About a year ago I joined this site with the hopes of getting some insight and then flying back to DR to find a young and sensible and attractive woman, and hopefully a keeper.

For those of you who don’t remember me or didn’t care at the time, I am a 42 year old professional who works out at the gym and STILL has a lot of good mileage in, (in other words I’m not busted up) Well instead of going to DR, I found a 26 year in NY and began dating her, can you believe that after a year or so I begin to notice some change in her (less sex drive, doesn't want to do anything, spending more time with her friends) I'm sure you are all saying ...Oh...Oh!

Turns out, her "Mommy" has been telling her for a few months that the "Age difference" is to great and that she should find someone closer to her age..... Long story short, I broke it off. Here is a good example of the US vs. anywhere Caribbean!

I don't normally give in to a relationship for this reason, NOW my heart has been ripped out and placed on a plate with fly’s all around it.

I ask my fellow PROPHETS here on DR1, is this type of relationship possible in Dominican Republic, do I have to be rich, built like Fabio, be a Reggeaton rapper, someone please tell me the secret? Is it any different on the Island or is it all a comprimising crock CRAP!

P.S. I am Cuban and speak 3 languages, so no communication gaps here!

Last edited:

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Sorry to hear about your experience

stock said:
Hello all, it's been a while. About a year ago I joined this site with the hopes of getting some insight and then flying back to DR to find a young and sensible and attractive woman, and hopefully a keeper.

For those of you who don’t remember me or didn’t care at the time, I am a 42 year old professional who works out at the gym and STILL has a lot of good mileage in, (in other words I’m not busted up) Well instead of going to DR, I found a 26 year in NY and began dating her, can you believe that after a year or so I begin to notice some change in her (less sex drive, doesn't want to do anything, spending more time with her friends) I'm sure you are all saying ...Oh...Oh!

Turns out, her "Mommy" has been telling her for a few months that the "Age difference" is to great and that she should find someone closer to her age.....ERRRRRRRRRRR! Long story short, I broke it off. Here is a good example of the US vs. anywhere Caribbean!

I don't normally give in to a relationship for this reason, NOW my heart has been ripped out and placed on a plate with fly’s all around it.

I ask my fellow PROPHETS here on DR1, is this type of relationship possible in Dominican Republic, do I have to be rich, built like Fabio, be a Reggeaton rapper, someone please tell me the secret?

It is possible to find a good woman here in the DR. There are many good reasons to be careful and I am sure you are going to get some good advice and some getting knocked around. (I edited here) Whewww see? You got to be careful when telling too much about yourself on this thing. Lot's of nasty people just sitting next to their computer ready to fire off something rude and disrepsectful. Keep the faith dude!

In order to meet a serious woman in the DR you first must be serious. Coming down to the DR once, twice, even half dozen times a year is not considered serious. You are a tourist. I own property there, a business etc, etc, etc and have my residency. But, I do not live there full time. I have met wonderful women there that have educations and come from a good educated family. However, I do not live there full time and well, it is nearly impossble to keep a serious relationship going if you are not serious about it.

This will all change soon as I retire and will finally be able to live there and be taken seriously by serious minded women and their families.

Move down there, assimilate yourself into the culture, learn the Spanish language, it is a beautiful language. By all means get the heck away from tourist towns if you have no business being there. If you do go to these towns NEVER tell the serious girl or her family that you do so and pray that her cousins do not see you there. Go to the universities, the parks and monuments and you will soon see that those wonderful women will be there. Tell them you actually live there and then you will see sincerity.

Good luck!

Last edited:

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
I am sorry to hear about your broken heart. Please pamper yourself and eat lots of chocolate until it passes. Oh, I forgot - you're not a woman. Okay, well then - drink lots of beer and hog your remote. :) Enjoy sleeping on the whole bed and not having to see her pantyhose hanging from your shower!

-- Sam

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
Heart ripped Out

Wow ! What terrible experience, but I can truly conmiserate with you because something very similar happened to me. It was my second marriage and our relationship was so incredibly perfect.....at first. Our courtship was like something out of a storybook. We flew to Las Vegas (Nevada) and got married in one of those pretty little commercial chappels they have there. Only 2 hours after the marriage I noticed little changes in her that I won't go into. I didn't let it bother me too much at that time though. As the months went by her attitude toward me became to be very similar to what your ex had toward you. Consider it a blessing that she revealed herself early enough for you to make an easy change. In my case the marriage lasted only 2 years. I told her let's end the marriage now instead of waiting 10 years down the road. It was the wisest thing that I have ever done because it opened the door for me to be with my present wife, 100% dominica and my true media naranja.

So, in my opinion your heartbreak is just the medium that will lead you to happiness. There are thousands of fine women in the DR just who are just praying, waiting and hoping to meet someone just like you and are ready to give you back 110% for you 100%.
Adelante and don't forget to count your blessings.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
azabache said:
So, in my opinion your heartbreak is just the medium that will lead you to happiness. There are thousands of fine women in the DR just who are just praying, waiting and hoping to meet someone just like you and are ready to give you back 110% for you 100%.
Adelante and don't forget to count your blessings.

Good example of this saying...
"No hay mal que por bien no venga"

jskr1us

Apr 29, 2003
Note of Caution

What you say happened to you can and does happen even in the Carib. And that is especially true of the DR. Be careful and look hard before you leap especially in the DR. Many (not all) are only interested in what they can get from you and think nothing of deception to get what they think they can and then leave you to pick up the pieces (yours and theirs). Honesty as known in the US does not have the same meaning in the DR corruption and half truths are deeply engrained in the culture. After you have been exposed to it for a time you know what to expect but it takes getting burnt a few times first. Ex-pats even the well intentioned ones will often not directly tell you of a deception being pulled on you although they may hint to you about it. Many of them have a vested interest in keeping what they know to themselves in order to survive or be accepted there. While they may not want to see you hurt (thus the hints) they are not free to outright tell you the truth. Finding someone you can truly trust takes time. If you can (learn to or) live in this type of environment you will be OK in the DR. My advice though is Verify, Verify and Verify again. What you hear is often not what is being said. Oh and expect a few surprises

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
stock said:

For those of you who don?t remember me or didn?t care at the time, I am a 42 year old professional who works out at the gym and STILL has a lot of good mileage in, (in other words I?m not busted up) Well instead of going to DR, I found a 26 year in NY and began dating her, can you believe that after a year or so I begin to notice some change in her (less sex drive, doesn't want to do anything, spending more time with her friends) I'm sure you are all saying ...Oh...Oh!

Turns out, her "Mommy" has been telling her for a few months that the "Age difference" is to great and that she should find someone closer to her age..... Long story short, I broke it off. Here is a good example of the US vs. anywhere Caribbean!

I don't normally give in to a relationship for this reason, NOW my heart has been ripped out and placed on a plate with fly?s all around it.

I ask my fellow PROPHETS here on DR1, is this type of relationship possible in Dominican Republic, do I have to be rich, built like Fabio, be a Reggeaton rapper, someone please tell me the secret? Is it any different on the Island or is it all a comprimising crock CRAP!

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
I am sorry for your broken heart. I am also sorry indeed a 26 year old allowed herself to be influenced by the opinions of her "Mommy"...S**t happens but you ought not let it "get ya down" - it doesn't help matters! ;) Get rid of the "fly's" that wanna lay eggs in ya "plated heart" and remember Scotty's words. When ya that low it stands to reason that "the only way is up" so brush yaself down, force a smile and look forward to better things to come...I wish you luck! ATB! Emma ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
It happened to me once. I was dating a med student from moca once. She was happily together with me for some time. She was stunningly beautiful but only 23 yrs old. I was almost in love with her. Then one day, I felt confident enough to tell her my true age (41 yrs old at the time). She seemed a bit disturbed and when she talked to her friends about this, she became more uninterested in me. Needless to say, she dumped me and went back to her original boyfriend and married him. I was left broken hearted. This taught me a very valuable lesson. Never tell the whole truth to women under any cost.
AZB

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
Awww AZB!! NO!! Ya can't go about the place telling "porky-pies" to possible partners! *wags finger* "No! No! No!!!" At the end of the day they need be with you because they want to be with you (not somebody young you're pretending to be!) It'll all end in tears when she discovers you're a fibber - me think so indeed!!
ATB Emma ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
AZB said:
. She was stunningly beautiful but only 23 yrs old.

I was almost in love with her. Then one day, I felt confident enough to tell her my true age (41 yrs old at the time). She seemed a bit disturbed and when she talked to her friends about this, she became more uninterested in me. Needless to say, she dumped me and went back to her original boyfriend and married him. I was left broken hearted. This taught me a very valuable lesson. Never tell the whole truth to women under any cost.
AZB

Not your age, maybe she figured out that the relationship was going no where. I keep telling you guys and you don't have to believe me but (not all) but most women want the same thing in life and it ain't frolicking ;) around for the rest of their lives for just having sex. Especially in their mid 20's. Clock is ticking baby, eggs are calling :laugh:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I think people should tell each other the truth right away. A lot of men don't do it trying to get laid: they cover up their age, marriages, other women they are sleeping with, etc, etc... and then end up in trouble ....:ermm: If someone starts a relationship with a lie - how do you trust them at all? I think that is why a lot of women leave - they have no trust and respect for that person any more ....

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
AZB said:
It happened to me once. I was dating a med student from moca once. She was happily together with me for some time. She was stunningly beautiful but only 23 yrs old. I was almost in love with her. Then one day, I felt confident enough to tell her my true age (41 yrs old at the time). She seemed a bit disturbed and when she talked to her friends about this, she became more uninterested in me. Needless to say, she dumped me and went back to her original boyfriend and married him. I was left broken hearted. This taught me a very valuable lesson. Never tell the whole truth to women under any cost.
AZB

back in true form........ I love it! :ermm:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Oh, tell me why?.

stock said:
Well instead of going to DR, I found a 26 year in NY and began dating her, can you believe that after a year or so I begin to notice some change in her (less sex drive, doesn't want to do anything, spending more time with her friends) I'm sure you are all saying ...Oh...Oh!

I just a question for you:

Since you were the one who broke it off, and you already knew that she was changing for the worse (less sex, did not wanted to do anything and spent more time with her friends):

Why didn't you set-up your mind for the worse?. Let me explain:

If I see that someone, after a year, is changing for the worse, I will put it in my mind that she is NOT worth it. Therefore, the breakup would not hurt as much, if any!.

Your hear is "broken" because you were into her more than she was into you. As simple as that!.

If she changed and you were the one who broke it off, move on and find yourself a better one, or someone closer to your age.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
AZB said:
AZB

But AZB let me tell you that it sounds to me that she wasn't that interested in you. If she would have been 100% with you, she wouldn't have listened to anyone and she would have stayed with you regardless of your age.
How old did she think you were??? Only if you were 41 and looked to be about 25 then I would understand why she became disappointed.

But anyway, women especially shouldn't tell everything to their men. Many times a man would use the info against her. But it is always best to be as honest as possible since the beginning to gain each other's respect and trust.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
miguel said:
Your hear is "broken" because you were into her more than she was into you. As simple as that!.

That reminds me of a great line from the show Sex & the city "he's just not that into you" goes for both sexes ;)

Last edited:

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Challenged

AnnaC said:
That reminds me of a great line from the show Sex & the city "he's just not that into you" goes for both sexes ;)

Since birth I have been sexualy challenged in some ways. i can only get into her so far.

Chuckuindy

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
M.A.R. said:
But anyway, women especially shouldn't tell everything to their men. Many times a man would use the info against her. But it is always best to be as honest as possible since the beginning to gain each other's respect and trust.

Agree, we shouldn't be telling them about our previous relationships, problems, etc. They don't really need to know any of this. Just the same way we don't need to know theirs unless they want to tell us. But, major things like age, children, marital status, living status - i think both need to know the truth right away ...

G

gary short

Avrora said:
Agree, we shouldn't be telling them about our previous relationships, problems, etc. They don't really need to know any of this. Just the same way we don't need to know theirs unless they want to tell us. But, major things like age, children, marital status, living status - i think both need to know the truth right away ...

..........net worth..........