Hard Rock Cafe

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
was walking last night around my house and decided to visit hard rock cafe,right around the corner from my house....it is awsum....very very large and great memorabilia...one of the hosteses took me and my daughter for a little tour....checked out the menu....very american and the burgers are in the 300 peso range and steaks in the 600 800 peso range...presidente is 120 for a small one...it is supposed to be the largest in the latin world...don't know if that is true but this one is large...will seat 600 people....and it was packed to the rafters...only second day open,so we will see....but I will eat there this week when I am craving a burger and fries instead of going to Max Gomez and Macds...
bob

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I have said this before and I will say it again..... I hope it fails. A place like that takes away from the historical ambiance of the Colonial Zone.

It all depends on how many tourists they can attract because at 120 pesos per beer, I dont see too many people that live here frequenting the place. They might visit it once to check it out but that is way above what you will pay in a normal restaurant. The restaurant right on the corner of that block probably charges 55 or 60 pesos for the same beer.

Then again, if it becomes a trendy place for the young, wealthier crowd of Dominicans, I guess it could do very well .

Larry