Help

Jul 18, 2006
my father passed in 2004 and we had an attorney handling his afairs. he contacted us in march to tell us about an acct with about 12,000 us in it and we should get it out asap here is the email

Dear Judith, Jane and Mike : (Sorry Mike, ladys first)

First of all, I want to sent you my regards in this new year.

Second of all, you all shall know that I got married on September and i did not get any congratulations card from any of you (just kidding, though);

And third and most important of all:

It seems that you guys inheritated more than you thought from your father. The thing is that your father had a saving account at Banco de Reservas de la R.D. where he used to received money from hte Health Public Authorities and the Sports Hall of Fame in the D.R.. As a matter of fact the accounts is actually receiving monthly deposits but I need your authorization in order to stop such payments since he is no longer alived, unless you decided otherwise.

Ok. but the fact is that such accounts contains aproximately RD$400,000.00; which is US$11,430.00 and counting. You guys, I do not know yoy, but I do not want to live that money to the bank !!!! So, write me back ASAP in order to coordinate the paper work. This time we will need to do more paper work and burocratics procedures than before, since the bank need to be sure that you are the legal succesors of your father. But I can take care of that and probably without you having to flight, unless one of you prefers to arrange things personally.

Please, I will be waiting for your answer...

Sincerelly yours.....

now i have been trying to get him to finish this since then. i would like to add he was supposed to send me an antique car of my fathers that he said was siezed by customs and never seen again. any input would be apreciated

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Get off your butt and get down to Santo Domingo or whereever this is taking place. (You might get your lawyer some English lessons as part of his fee).

This is not something that you leave just to lawyers. That car, as an antique, is also worth more than the bank account.

Unless you can do without the money and the antique car, your best bet s to visit the DR and quick.

HB:ermm:

Jul 18, 2006
thanks hillbilly for your quick response i think the car is gone though. i gave up on it its been more than a year since it went to puerta plata to be shipped.

Jul 18, 2006
its kind of funny i thought we would have had an easier time. my father is a bit of a celebrity over there. they even have a stadium named after him. and was named the son of santiago.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For the reading public, i knew this poster's father, we were both named as Knights of Santiago Sportsmen!! Back in 1985....

His brother was the famous mayor, and this guy was the team doctor for our beloved Águilas Cibaeñas....
HB!!

Last edited: