DRSol bites the dust....

Status
Not open for further replies.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
It went out with a class and a style of its own

i.e. insulting the very small clientel it actually had!

Last edited:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Camden Tom said:
....such a sad, sad day.
Thank you for your thoughts Camden Tom.

My thanks to one poster from DRSol & one of the Moderators for informing me what had happened before trying to log in this morning & seeing it here!! What a pity the owner couldn't show us the same courtesy!!

............ One or the 60+ children (the others will doubtless be along shortly as MOST want & HAVE such a lot to give to the country!) ~ Grahame.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Just a bit confused. Was the 60+ children referring to the number of children or the age of the children?

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Camden Tom said:
....such a sad, sad day.

My guess is that anyone (with the exception of a few) that has tried to participate on that site was either expected to conform to a particular point of view, or chased away!

My guess would be that the 12 people that conformed to that? particular point of view? were unable to sustain the site.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Finally!!

Hahahahahahahahahaha x 50.

I hope that you guys are NOT surprised!. I knew that it was just a matter of time. I mean, the site had, what, about 3 regulars?.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
miguel said:
Hahahahahahahahahaha x 50.

I hope that you guys are NOT surprised!. I knew that it was just a matter of time. I mean, the site had, what, about 3 regulars?.

As usual Miguel you are incorrect in your assumptions. There were MANY more 'REGULARS', many who had a sane & interesting point of view to discuss & many who were more than prepared to put the effort into keeping DRSol alive & kicking. The problem was NOT the board style or membership, it was not the lack of posters (until the last week or so) - it was something unfortunate & something YOU will never know about. PLEASE don't try to make yourself out to have knowledge about something you have NO knowledge about. Those of us that worked on that board for 24 months or so won't speak ill of "The Friendly Forum"!! ~ Grahame.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
BushBaby said:
Those of us that worked on that board for 24 months or so won't speak ill of "The Friendly Forum"!! ~ Grahame.

I hate to ever take part in speaking badly about anyone or anything but excuse me when I say "friendly board my ass". Any time I peaked over there I saw very few conversations that didn't mention how bad DR1 was. At your invitation I checked it out when they went to the new format and what's the first thing I find? Mr. Bushbaby bad mouthing DR1 :surprised :tired:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
HOWMAR said:
Just a bit confused. Was the 60+ children referring to the number of children or the age of the children?

Sorry HOWMAR, Tarrantino etc. didn't mean to forget your question on the previous post but Miguel just annoyed me with his "Know it all attitude" when in all honesty he knows much less than most!! He may READ, but he doesn't always understand what is going on behind the scenes.

I am not CERTAIN as no communication has been received by me from the owner other than what everyone else can see, but I suspect the comment is directed at those of us who are over the 60 years in age. The 60 + number of members who will be dissappointed at this overnight closing of the forum will most likely be e-mailing some of us over the next few days!! We will see if anything can be done to reinstate the forum (as discussed with the owner some month ago) or whether he just wants to take his ball away & play with his two buddies! ~ Grahame.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Jesus Christ!!

BushBaby said:
As usual Miguel you are incorrect in your assumptions. There were MANY more 'REGULARS', many who had a sane & interesting point of view to discuss & many who were more than prepared to put the effort into keeping DRSol alive & kicking. The problem was NOT the board style or membership, it was not the lack of posters (until the last week or so) - it was something unfortunate & something YOU will never know about. PLEASE don't try to make yourself out to have knowledge about something you have NO knowledge about. Those of us that worked on that board for 24 months or so won't speak ill of "The Friendly Forum"!! ~ Grahame.
Get a grip man!. I was just being sarcastic!.

Ok, so they had 4 regulars posters, kill me!.

If I annoy you with my opinions and views, that's your problem!. You don't know of our history since YOU don't know what went on behind the scenes, but I am sure you know of some of the crap that he used to say about me and many DR1 members.

Whatever the reason is, I am glad it's done!.

Last edited:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
AnnaC said:
I hate to ever take part in speaking badly about anyone or anything but excuse me when I say "friendly board my ass". Any time I peaked over there I saw very few conversations that didn't mention how bad DR1 was. At your invitation I checked it out when they went to the new format and what's the first thing I find? Mr. Bushbaby bad mouthing DR1 :surprised :tired:
AnnaC
I am SURE you will not see it this way but if "Mr. Bushbaby" bad mouths anyone at any time ....... there is usually a good reason for it. Now that DR1 has removed some (if not MOST) of the causes for the ill feeling some 6 months ago or more, you will note I have been posting here more, have refrained from commenting about posters & DR1 censorship policies ANYWHERE!! DRSol was not the ONLY DR forum I got involved with!!

There may well have remained ONE or TWO people who would take ANY opportunity to hit out at DR1 - I was not one of those. MONTHS ago I only made comment where I felt it was justified. ~ Grahame

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The demise of DRSol. A shame.

That site was created by one very intelligent fellow, but, unfortunately, he chose a "lingüistically challenging" name--just say it slowly and you will hear what I mean. this sort of stuck in the back of a lot of people's minds, no matter how hard we tried to forget it! :p

However, the root cause of that creation was an extremely nasty series of posts stemming from (a) the location of El Choco in relation to Sosúa and (b) the best way to come to Cabarete from the Santiago airport!! As a result of the extremely nasty (worth repeating) exchange the DRSol author was kicked off or seriously reprimanded or censored--something big--and left. The "winner" of the exchanges was also subsequently removed from the pages of DR1. These are two grown men that were argueing like kids in a schoolyard...

And both are very intelligent, each in his own way.

Let's just say "Good bye" to DRSol; actually sorry to see a nicely done site removed from the Internet. It's content might not have been everyone's cup of tea but that is not the point....

HB :D:D:D

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Sad to see

Hillbilly said:
The demise of DRSol. A shame.

That site was created by one very intelligent fellow, but, unfortunately, he chose a "ling?istically challenging" name--just say it slowly and you will hear what I mean. this sort of stuck in the back of a lot of people's minds, no matter how hard we tried to forget it! :p

However, the root cause of that creation was an extremely nasty series of posts stemming from (a) the location of El Choco in relation to Sos?a and (b) the best way to come to Cabarete from the Santiago airport!! As a result of the extremely nasty (worth repeating) exchange the DRSol author was kicked off or seriously reprimanded or censored--something big--and left. The "winner" of the exchanges was also subsequently removed from the pages of DR1. These are two grown men that were argueing like kids in a schoolyard...

And both are very intelligent, each in his own way.

Let's just say "Good bye" to DRSol; actually sorry to see a nicely done site removed from the Internet. It's content might not have been everyone's cup of tea but that is not the point....

HB :D:D:D

I met a few nice people on that site and enjoyed my stay while I was there. I was accepted there and am thankful for that. I am sorry to have seen it go.

Drugdog

Mar 28, 2003
Just glad that I am under 60.

Wish I could pull my post about observations I made on my last visit to the North Coast from DRSOL. Then post it here. You would see how it points out the weird attitude of several North Coast Ex-Pats. Now that DR1 has been growing with the addition of the expanded travel forums I would hope that the old attitude of the past does not raise it's head. Do some old post searches on Debbies and TA about DR1. People were warned about posting here. Have not seen it posted for a few months so I hope that it stays that way. HINT: Stop bashing and move on.

GWB: Will be in the Capitol in September and PC in December. Golfing again, so I see the need for a game.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.