cheap room in cabarete for august?

rasta

May 13, 2006
Hi, im looking for a cheap place to stay for the month of august in Cabarete. Preferably close to the center of town. its me and my sisters and we're hoping to find something for under 200 dollars US. Thanks, i appreciate any help i can get!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
US $200 or RD$6,500 won't get you much of a furnished room in the campo, let alone in the center of Cabarete that will accomodate 3 people .

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
rasta said:
Hi, im looking for a cheap place to stay for the month of august in Cabarete. Preferably close to the center of town. its me and my sisters and we're hoping to find something for under 200 dollars US. Thanks, i appreciate any help i can get!
Do you mean 200 bucks each, or total?

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
How many?

How many people? How many rooms do you need? $200 USD total or each? Shhhhheeesh, if you think you will get anything for $200 anywhere on the coast you better guess again. Someone in the barrio might let you stay in their shack for $200 bucks. That's about it.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
I'll never forget the day this happened

Rocky said:
Do you mean 200 bucks each, or total?

Marco,

This probably happens often with you. However one afternoon three French Canadian girls walked into Rockys looking for a room. They spoke to you in French. You answered their question and they walked out quickly. You had this most amazed look on your face, you rolled your eyes and scratched your head as you were also shaking it. You then spun around in your chair and told me that these three girls wanted to rent one room and the $20 you were getting at the time was "way too much". I mean, what the heck? How do people travel like this is beyond me. Backpackers....crrrrrrrrrrrrrripes!

scsccs34

Apr 24, 2006
in cabarete passing the texaco station you can find small apartments for 6500 pesos less than $200 monthly, of course no planta but it is not a bad place, just a short motoconcho ride to cabarete, even closer than many expensive apartments.
for $300-350 you can find one bed apartments not in the center , just negociate!

regards

regards

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
scsccs34 said:
in cabarete passing the texaco station you can find small apartments for 6500 pesos less than $200 monthly, of course no planta but it is not a bad place, just a short motoconcho ride to cabarete, even closer than many expensive apartments.
for $300-350 you can find one bed apartments not in the center , just negociate!

regards

regards

Are these furnished? If so, you may have pulled one out of the hat for these folks. If not, those apartments may as well be on Mars.