company question

scsccs34

Apr 24, 2006
hi,

I intend to create a software company to sell by the internet, all will be sold out of the DR, don't doing any business in the DR has any effects on taxes to pay? or the company should pay normal taxes?

incorporating the company in a free zone is out of my scope, they only want big companies, require a lot of rented office space, and so on

thanks in advance

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
A company based in the DR and making sales is subject to normal Dominican income taxes. It would be better to find a current tenant in a Free Zone, and sublet space there. Most Free Zones DO try to make everyone rent a big space, but there are definitely places to find 500 or 1000 feet from someone else. Try looking in some of the privately-held Free Zones.

The Cibernetica Park has among the highest costs per square foot, and it's location is probably an hour drive away for most qualified employees, so if that is the Free Zone you approached first, don't give up.

A Free Zone company will not be subject to Dominican taxes. The grant of Free Zone status is good for 15 years. You can keep the company $$ in an account in Europe or the US and cash checks for local expenses.

scsccs34

Apr 24, 2006
GringoCarlos thanks, the point is that I don't need any space, cause all is managed through the internet, including if I hire any employes. I work at home and as you say, don't need to loose 2 hour daily travelling and really hate that.

Will try in some Free Zones, but I doubt they rent me 1 sq foot :), may be I should set up the company in another country like panama, belice, virgin islands? but really don't want to be associated with money laundering or any illegal activities

about the bank accounts, is it difficult to open a US account for a free zone company in DR?