Miss Universe Pageant: Miss DR

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
MissUniverse.gif

(left to right)
Ms. Puerto Rico, Ms. Dominican Republic, Ms. Mexico, and Ms. Nicaragua

I guess they found the whitest girl on the island to represent the DR.

-Helpmann :laugh:

May 31, 2005
Or the others got a tan. Maybe Mia is not a fan of the sun. A tanned body looks so much nicer. As long as it is not red.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Yeah, that must be it....

Dragonfly32837 said:
Or the others got a tan. Maybe Mia is not a fan of the sun. A tanned body looks so much nicer. As long as it is not red.
Helpmann :rolleyes:

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Too Much for Sun for Ms. Trinidad and Tobago...

Dragonfly32837 said:
Oh come on. You can tell that this girl has not seen a ray of sunlight for the past few months...
It looks like a cloudy day to me. "Color" isn't necessarily a result of the sun.

To tell the truth, I wouldn't have even noticed if she wasn't standing among Ms. Puerto Rico, Ms. Mexico, and Ms. Nicaragua. Maybe they're some photos of her standing next to Ms. Argentina and Ms. USA, who knows?

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
I Hope She Buys the DD's....

chuckuindy said:
Who cares about the tan? What happened to her boobs?

Chuckuindy
Don't worry Chuck. She'll buy those after the contest.

-Helpmann :)

May 31, 2005
helpmann said:
It looks like a cloudy day to me. "Color" isn't necessarily a result of the sun.

To tell the truth, I wouldn't have even noticed if she wasn't standing among Ms. Puerto Rico, Ms. Mexico, and Ms. Nicaragua. Maybe they're some photos of her standing next to Ms. Argentina and Ms. USA, who knows?

I am not talking about color because we all know that we have all types of colors in the Dominican Republic.

I was talking about a tan.

Does someone else agree with me that she would have looked nicer with a tan?

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Blanca Don't Tan...

Dragonfly32837 said:
I am not talking about color because we all know that we have all types of colors in the Dominican Republic.

I was talking about a tan.

Does someone else agree with me that she would have looked nicer with a tan?
Maybe she doesn't tan. Ms. USA, Ms. Russia, and Ms. Sweden don't have tans either.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
A lot of Dominicans (in the DR) don't like going in the sun. When I go there they think I'm crazy for sitting in the sun.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
helpmann said:
Thanks for the link, This should keep me busy 'til 5pm.

BTW: Ms. DR looks whiter than Ms. Latvia.

she does need a tan really bad then ... :laugh:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
M.A.R. said:
A lot of Dominicans (in the DR) don't like going in the sun. When I go there they think I'm crazy for sitting in the sun.

they think it is just for those "bad" tourists which they don't want to associate with :)

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Avrora said:
they think it is just for those "bad" tourists which they don't want to associate with :)
If you'd ask me it's more that they're affraid to turn into Haitians which they don't want to associate with...'ay dios mio, estoy casi morena'

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
It's Cultural!

M.A.R. said:
EXACTLY!!

My point isn't about the physical, it's about the cultural. Shared language (Spanish) and geography (Americas/Caribbean) doesn't necessarily translate to shared beliefs.

There's a physical as well as cultural reason why Ms. Taveras is representing the DR.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Not feeling Ms. Dominican Republic at all!!!

My top 5 from fav to less fav are:
Namibia
Bolivia
Colombia
Croatia
Hungary

Edited to say FORGET NAMIBIA NIGERIA NEEDS TO BE THE WINNER HANDS DOWN!!!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
El Tigre said:
Not feeling Ms. Dominican Republic at all!!!

My top 5 from fav to less fav are:
Namibia
Bolivia
Colombia
Croatia
Hungary

When is the Pageant coming on??