Good energy-saving light bulbs

GKC

Mar 1, 2006
After trying about every type of low-usage bulbs available here, I think that I have finally found some that live up to their promise of longevity. I installed some of these last year and they have been on about 12 hours a night, every night for over a year now and not one has burned out. Meanwhile, I have gone through scores of the cheapy ones from the major hardware stores and even the made in USA ones from Pricemart in the same time period and they all have failed.

20l0dbb.jpg

I purchased mine at Super Pola La Sirena, but they are probably sold elsewhere as well. Last week, the price was $140 RD for the 75 watt equivalent bulbs and $ 160 RD for the 100 watt equivalent. I bought the "warm colored" light bulbs but they also had the "white daylight" bulbs available. By the way, these bulbs seem much brighter than the equivalent cheapy ones.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
for that price of one bulb you can buy 5 bulbs pack in home depot. The last for years.
AZB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Last time I was inthe DR I bought some to bring home with me, they are less expensive there than here. Yes they don't burn out, or they last a very long time.