lost link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I have been searching for the thread that had some great pictures of the fish market/stalls in Maimon. We ate there on our last trip and was absoutlly delighted, and will be back many times. I am trying to show the pictures to my mom who is VERY concerned on our upcoming move to the DR.

thanks

Bob K

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
Along the same topic, almost, I've been searching for photos of Ochoa's big store in Santiago or its commissary at Los Charcos -- interior shots if possible -- to demonstrate the availability of large modern hardware stores in DR. Any leads?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Yes ;) go there with your camera and take some shots! More seriously, I cannot think that I've ever seen interior shots of the big hardware stores anywhere.

Last edited:

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Dr1 has become such a joke. I post a reply to help a member and it gets deleted because of the mention of another website. Keep up the great work guys.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Wayne,
Thank you I did get the message and found the photos. I am dismayed as well that your reponse was deleted. However I refuse to get involved in the politicIs of this or any other board. I too thought that this board as well as others were designed to relay infomation.

Bob K

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Let me have the last word here :laugh:
Information should be free, but there is a cost to present it, and make it usuable to many many people as we have on the DR1. It costs money. Boards such as this have to make a living. It would be really sad if other boards simply live off of this one (perhaps one of the ten best around in its market niche), without paying their own way. Then, none of us will have access to good and free information, as we have on the DR1. Another moderator made me aware of this thread earlier and I fully agreed with the moderator's suggestion to delete the pointers to other boards.

We will close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.