I NEED A RIDE from Miami to Dominican Republic (North Coast, or PR)

Melliehoney

Jul 22, 2006

I am moving to the Dominican Republic and I am looking for someone to take me there by AIR or by SEA from South Florida (W. Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, or the Keys - we are VERY flexible)

My fiancee and I are young, professional, upstanding, US citizen entrepreneurs who are looking to relocate to the DR's north coast (Puerto Plata/ Sosua) sometime before Sept. 1st 2006.

We are looking for alternative methods of travel (other than the one American Airlines flight that exists from MIA to Puerto Plata airport daily)

We are looking for an empty leg trip (charter flight or charter boat trip) to the Dominican Republic (or even the north coast of Puerto Rico, and we can then hop a small charter flight from there, no prob!).

We may be interested in chartering something privately, just ourselves and a captain, if the price is right. Please contact email above. I will respond IMMEDIATELY!

If ALL you can offer me is a suggestion for moving from FL to the Caribbean, also PLEASE RESPOND!!! I need any help I can get!!! I am losing my mind trying to figure this all out.

All the best,

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Melliehoney said:

I am moving to the Dominican Republic and I am looking for someone to take me there by AIR or by SEA from South Florida (W. Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, or the Keys - we are VERY flexible)

My fiancee and I are young, professional, upstanding, US citizen entrepreneurs who are looking to relocate to the DR's north coast (Puerto Plata/ Sosua) sometime before Sept. 1st 2006.

We are looking for alternative methods of travel (other than the one American Airlines flight that exists from MIA to Puerto Plata airport daily)

We are looking for an empty leg trip (charter flight or charter boat trip) to the Dominican Republic (or even the north coast of Puerto Rico, and we can then hop a small charter flight from there, no prob!).

We may be interested in chartering something privately, just ourselves and a captain, if the price is right. Please contact email above. I will respond IMMEDIATELY!

If ALL you can offer me is a suggestion for moving from FL to the Caribbean, also PLEASE RESPOND!!! I need any help I can get!!! I am losing my mind trying to figure this all out.

All the best,
I don't mean to be funny but are you running away from something. Taking AA flight is a no brainer. In the local yellow pages you can find private companies that can take you to the DR.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
It is interesting that you say you are very flexible, but.......... you are not apparently open to the most convenient, and probably the least expensive option available. Since this is your first post on DR1, we know nothing about you but what you have written above. If you go back and read it, trying to be objective, I think you will see why both people who have responded thus far think the whole thing sounds suspicious. It sounds very much like you are looking for a way to avoid a trail.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
What, are we investigating people now?
Go to the Miami River cargo terminal almost downtown Miami and you can work your way over on a freighter.
You said flexible, so...... let's see.
If you can even consider chartering anything by yourselves then you have some means. I agree with the others, just get on the d... flight and start your adventures once here. Going crazy is self inflicted it seems.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
This sounds like a case for Miami Vice - where are crocket and tubs???

Perhaps you can charter a cigarette boat and, if the price is right, you can pick up some cubans on your way there to help supplement the HUGE expense of trying to get to DR this way. unless you will be transporting trash bags filled with money - how exciting!

what are you thinking???