Verizon DSL/Flash service repair in Santiago

jlw919

Sep 18, 2003
Good news report.
We have used DSL and Internet Flash for over two years with very few down times. During the past month began to have problems with my Vonage/internet connection. It would be out for hours and was very intermittent. Thought it was set up/my equipment issues which I would resolve when I arrived in Santiago Tuesday. Wasn't my problem. Called Verizon Wednesday and followed up Thur and Friday asking for a tech. Said they were very busy and were servicing complaints based on inital report time. Well was I surprised when the Verizon truck showed up at 1PM today(Saturday). A very polite and knowledgeable young man rapidly agreed that it was his/not my problem. He spent over two hours tracing the phone lines over the neighborhood and finally discovered that the line which crosses the street to my home was partially severed causing an intermittent short. Replaced the line, refused any gratuity and went on his way. I am back on line and certainly was impressed with the way my problem was resolved.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Vonage/Internet

Since you said "Vonage/Internet" connection, I was curious if you have U.S. phone service from here in the DR?