Guagua - Zona Colonial Area to Boca Chica

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I have searched the threads and found a few posts on how to take a guagua from Caribe Tours Station to Boca Chica but I can't seem to find info on where to catch a guagua near Zona Colonial. I will be at Hotel Mercure and would like to make a one day trip to BC.

Where would I catch the guagua?

What time is the last guagua leaving BC for the Capital?

What should the cost be?

Does the guagua drop you off in front of the church by the park in BC?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i have always had to take a cab to the gua gua station. The cab usualy costs about 100-200 pesos...the gua-gua to boca chica i think is 40 pesos.

There must be a way to get a gua gua to the station near parque indepencia...but i have never been able to figure it out. THe taxi is cheap enough tho.

Just make sure you catch the expresso gua gua.

And yes...the gua gua will let you off in front of the church on the parque en boca chica.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
jrzyguy said:
i have always had to take a cab to the gua gua station. The cab usualy costs about 100-200 pesos...the gua-gua to boca chica i think is 40 pesos.

Thanks jrzyguy from another Jersey guy. Just to make sure I understand you right. The only place to catch the guagua is near Caribe Tours Station.

Any idea what time the last guagua leaves BC?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Bird:

Just walk to the end of el Conde, make a right, the Gua Gua's all leave from the right hand side of the gas station. Look for Expresso Boca Chica. Its a 5 minute walk from Mercure. No need for a cab. Its 2 blocks up the hill from Paco's. Some buses leave from the park. Just ask anybody in Paco's, it's right there. NO NEED to go to Caribe tours!

You can get on any Gua Gua in Boca Chica, then you will switch at The Andres bus station for the Expresso back. You pay on the second bus.

I do not know when the last one back is, the cost should be no more than $RD40 or so.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tamborista said:
Bird:

Just walk to the end of el Conde, make a right, the Gua Gua's all leave from the right hand side of the gas station.

Thanks man, I know exactly where the gas station is. Now on my return leg will the guagua drop me off at the same gas station? If I stay in BC too late, which I probably will, I have a number for a cabbie that will bring me to the Capital for 800 pesos (daytime rate), so I would guess 1000 pesos for night.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
yeah...i figured you could probably catch a guagua around the end of el conde. that is usualy where i jump off. But i just have never seen anyone getting ON the gua gua there....and i am ususaly running late to catch one of the last busses to bc....I have never had to switch in adreas tho.

I dont think the gua gua i take is caribe tours. The taxi takes me for a ride that is maybe five mins....past a main avenue...then up a hill to a bustling area to what looks like a typical bus station. (it was closed in february and the busses were out side of the station).

ITs a pretty easy thing to do. and thank you tamborista....yes..i believe it cost 40 pesos to get to boca chica.

as far as the last one to BC...i never get a straight answer. Some people say at sunset...some people say at 9pm. I know in feb i took one back around 8pm

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
One last thing, I think.:ermm: At the gas station will I be looking for one of the beat up van type guagua or will it be the mini-bus type I see stop at the church in BC?

jrzyguy said:
The taxi takes me for a ride that is maybe five mins....past a main avenue...then up a hill to a bustling area to what looks like a typical bus station.
I like that.;) Sounds like me. Not sure how you got there but you got there none the less.

Once I get to BC I will set something up with the cabbie. I don't expect to leave BC untill 10 or 11 at night.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Nice air conditioned mini bus type.
Look for one with chicas on it, that says "The Bang Bus"!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tamborista said:

"I got your drift",,,,,,LOL

Thanks for the help. Hopefully I can treat you to a Presidente one day.

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Guagua back from BC to SDQ

All guaguas taking passengers in BC will take you first to one of the two terminals in Andres. There you have to change and then pay in the second bus. Take an express with air condition. From Monday to Saturday they will take you down to Parque de la independencia gas station up to 6 p.m., later only to Parque Enriquillo On Sundays only to Parque Enriquillo. On Sundays sometimes there are direct buses from BC to Parque Enriquillo. I think they run until 10 p.m. Beware of the thieves around Parque Enriquillo !
In SDQ they leave for BC from their terminal on Jose Marti two blocks from Parque Enriquillo (between Plaza Marti department store and Plaza de los buhoneros) Express buses run every 30 minutes, fare: 40 RD Pesos. You can also reach the terminal in SDQ on Jose Marti taking a concho (collective taxi) or a guagua from in front of Petrus just a few meters from Paco (Corner Palo Hincado/Calle de las Mercedes) for 10RD Pesos. From there they are all going the same way up, turn right into Av. Mella where the headquarters of the fire brigade are and then after a few blocks along Av. Mella turn left into Av. Jose Marti and up on the hill will pass right in front of Parque Enriquillo and a few meters further on in front of the terminal. It is very easy to reach !

Last edited:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
hansbert said:
for 10RD Pesos. From there they are all going the same way up, turn right into Av. Mella where the headquarters of the fire brigade are and then after a few blocks along Av. Mella turn left into Av. Jose Marti and up on the hill will pass right in front of Parque Enriquillo and a few meters further on in front of the terminal. It is very easy to reach !

this is how i usualy get to the guagua station. I am confused tho...i have never had to transfer heading from SD to BC...but rather have to change on the highway from BC to SD.

anyhoo...i recommend taking the taxi to the station that hansbert suggests. You are sure to get an express (air conditioned and clean....but still can be an experience.). on time the guagua was packed...and i ended up on the "perch" seat next to the driver...sorta up high and close to the windshield...and the back of the seat had to be supported by the guy by the door. Twas a memorable ride :)

fightingirish

Dec 8, 2005
Tamborista said:

Was this the first bang bus reference on dr1? I hope soo... Im scared to search the threads.;)