Do we need to get visa ?

harpreetsingh

Aug 13, 2006
Dear sir

Do we need to get visa if we have got Indian passport?
Where is the nearest place to get it?please tell me the procedure.

Regards

harpreetsingh

Aug 13, 2006
Dear sir

Do we need to get visa if we have got Indian passport?
Where is the nearest place to get it?please tell me the procedure.

Regards

AS We have been planning to get to Dominica for quite a some time and are interested in buying some land aswell house there to further start an export.
please advice.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
AS We have been planning to get to Dominica for quite a some time and are interested in buying some land aswell house there to further start an export.
please advice.

Dominica or Dominican Republic? Two very different countries...

irrrrrnal

Aug 8, 2006
visa

hello,
I can't possibly be reading this right. Is this page saying that Dominicans don't need a visa to come to Canada for a visit????? Or am I dreaming.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes you're dreaming and not reading it right. Read it again

Visa Free with USA Permanent Residence-Green card/Sin Visa Con Residencia Americana
Aruba
Bahamas
Bonaire
Curacao
Canada
Cayman islands/Islas Caiman
El Salvador
Guatemala
Jamaica
Mexico
Nicaragua
Switzerland/Suiza
Turks and Caicos
British Virgin islands/Islas Virgenes Britanicas

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
How about Dominicans that have Permanent Residence to Cda, where can they travel?

Do they need to get extra visas to visit other countries?

Thanks
Lisa

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
clarifying

As of July 23, 2006
Countries Dominican Citizens Can enter VISA FREE
Paises Un Dominicano Puede entrar sin Visa
In/En

Visa Free with EU (Sheghen Countries) Residence Status/Con Tarjeta De Recidencia de La Union Europea
Czech Republic/Republica Checa

a dominican can enter czech republic without visa only if the residency permit is permanent. i know this because i had to get a visa before i got mine.

Last edited:

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Sweden/Sverige/Suecia too!

Re post # 1 in this thread - I would be very surprised if Sweden is not actually among the countries into which Schengen (sic) residents can enter without a visa.

Paulino - not being Swedish, fortunately.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Re post # 1 in this thread - I would be very surprised if Sweden is not actually among the countries into which Schengen (sic) residents can enter without a visa.

You're right. Sweden is a Schengen country itself, which means it can freely be visited with even only a tourist visa issued for another Schengen country, and obviously a residence permit too.

:rolleyes: :ermm:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
How about Dominicans that have Permanent Residence to Cda, where can they travel?

Do they need to get extra visas to visit other countries?

Thanks
Lisa

Hi Lisa not sure about all the other countries but on the US website is the following

Permanent residents (aka landed immigrants) of Canada must have a nonimmigrant visa unless the permanent resident is a national of a country that participates in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), meets the VWP requirements, and is seeking to enter the U.S. for 90 days or less under that program.

Here's the link

You would have to look at the countries you are interested in to be sure what it is they need for entry.

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004

where in sweden are you living? you can pm me if you want.

gardito

Jan 15, 2004
Would a dominicano need a visa while in transit through Panama while going to Colombia ??

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
schengen visa

i am polish and i want to take my dominican boyfriend to poland to meet my family and for a short trip in europe. as there is no polish embassy in dr how does he obtain a polish visa? would it be enough to apply for a schengen visa in german embassy? is there such a thing as schengen visa? polish foreign affair ministry does not seem to be very helpful here....

drnew

Nov 3, 2006
Is it usually a problem obtaining a visa to most EU countries on a DR passport?

I've heard that DR passports have had issues in the past.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Is it usually a problem obtaining a visa to most EU countries on a DR passport?

I've heard that DR passports have had issues in the past.

What are the issues that you've heard about ?

I think the problem is more with the passport holder not the Dominican passport. ;)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The current Dominican Passport is more high tech than a US Passport. They have a digital thumbprint that can be scanned for identity.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
I haven?t kept up with this thread and I apologize for that but to answer you AnnaC I think an issue could be in the reliability of a Dominican passport being a genuine and honest document. As indicated below this could be a factor as to how a foreign government accepts a person from the DR;

http://www.dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=18751
http://www.dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=18040
http://www.dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=15142

The recent scandal concerning Spain is another example of a possible issue with a Dominican passport;

http://www.dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=19045

Rick

swake

Oct 27, 2002
i am polish and i want to take my dominican boyfriend to poland to meet my family and for a short trip in europe. as there is no polish embassy in dr how does he obtain a polish visa? would it be enough to apply for a schengen visa in german embassy? is there such a thing as schengen visa? polish foreign affair ministry does not seem to be very helpful here....
Contact the Polish consulate in Santo Domingo
Los Nogales No. 7, Balla Vista, Santo Domingo
Tel: +1809-532 5413, +1809-532 7898, +1809-532 7704, Fax: +1809-533 2100
E-mail: jose.minino@codetel.net.do
No Shengen visa needed as long as your chulo doesn't intend to visit Shengenarea countries. No Shengen visa needed for DR nationals on transit (not allowed to leave airside and proceeding trip on first flight to final destination)

Feb 7, 2007
Timaticweb

Here you can check
TimaticWeb
all visa information for transit and destination countries for all countries and nationalities, based on search criteria including Nationality, Resident Status of certain countries, Embarkation point, Transit coutries, etc., including requirements for various passport tipes (general/government, etc.)