Chartering a bus?

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
My old little league baseball team from NYC is traveling here to Santiago for 5 days begining August 31st. They will be playing assorted tournaments etc. here in Santiago and have one day trip planned to San Pedro. They are looking to hire a bus, that can hold roughly 20 people, and a driver for the 5 days. Anyone have any leads on where I could direct them?

Many thanks,
Ian

P.S.
They are also looking for a hotel where they can bunk 4 to a room.....any suggestions?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I used to use Melissa Tours in Sosua, but that was many moons ago. They charged about $150 US/day, including driver and Greyhound-sized bus. They gave me a deal, due to using them frequently. I'm sure rates have changed a fair bit since 2000.

Since Hillbilly and AZB are Santiago resident experts, I'll see if they can come up with some answers before trying to help you further. If they don't know of anyone, I'll see if I can make some phonecalls, as I have contacts in the Sosua/POP region.

Best of luck, sounds like a great trip!

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
To clarify

Thanks Trina. Gonna see what the Santiago crew may have to suggest but may indeed come back to your suggestion.

Also, in re-reading my post I didn't make it clear that they are a team that I coached, hence the kids are all 11-12 year olds most of whom I have coached since they were 6 or so. They are also almost exclusively of Dominican heritage and speak Spanish. Not that that changes the bus or hotel requirements......

Ian

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
Redscot said:
Thanks Trina. Gonna see what the Santiago crew may have to suggest but may indeed come back to your suggestion.

Also, in re-reading my post I didn't make it clear that they are a team that I coached, hence the kids are all 11-12 year olds most of whom I have coached since they were 6 or so. They are also almost exclusively of Dominican heritage and speak Spanish. Not that that changes the bus or hotel requirements......

Ian
ofcourse it changes it, you have a chance of getting better rates. if you were bringing over a bus load of english speaking gringos you would get charged twice as much.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Redscot said:

Ian

I have an 11-y.o. Dominican son myself, I wish I could send him with them - it sounds like a wonderful trip! Best of luck to you, and let me know if I can help further. I have sent you a PM.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Expreso Atardecer might fit your bill. They are in the book. Expect to pay aboutRD$6000 to SPM....
and it is a TRIP....about 3 1/2 hours at least with maybe one very short stop...

Good luck,

HB :D:D