What is easy to bring without shipping?

mgregoir

Jun 20, 2006
I'm movin to SD in less than a month and because I already have a furnished apartment I don't want to go through the hastle of shipping a bunch of stuff, however I do want to bring my TV, AC, and DVD player. What would be the best way to bring those items over without having to pay all sorts of fees and/or them getting lost in transit? Can everyone please tell me about the different experiences with bringing their items to SD, DR?

bienvenido

Sep 5, 2004
AC and TV may be ship with AA priority parcel the same day of your flight. it will normally goes be put on the same flight with you. You have to claim it as soon as arrive at the Aa priority parcel. The dvd you may put that in your luggage or carrry on bag. Make sure you call or visit AA priority parcel shipping.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Those three items can be bought down here, although maybe at a slightly higer price. I personally would sell the stuff before leaving and rebuy down here, and therefore save the hastle and the extra shipping expense. You might even find someone who's moving out of the country or selling some stuff and get them at a good price...

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
KateP said:
Those three items can be bought down here, although maybe at a slightly higer price. I personally would sell the stuff before leaving and rebuy down here, and therefore save the hastle and the extra shipping expense. You might even find someone who's moving out of the country or selling some stuff and get them at a good price...

I agree with Kate. Sell the stuff and get it here, new or used, both are availble.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
carina said:
I agree with Kate. Sell the stuff and get it here, new or used, both are availble.
I agree, they could wind up charging you more in taxes than you've paid for some of the items; especially the TV.

cuas

May 29, 2006
Have you tried those company called "Embarques de Puerta a Puerta". There are one in each corner among the Dominican community in NY. There must be some in Florida. They pick the item at your house and deliver it at your door in SD. You do not have to worry with taxes.
Ask any Dominican in Florida.
We use their services when we travel to SD with children [picky eaters]. We pack all nonperishable food in a box they provide, but we sent it ahead of time. When we get there everything is there waiting for us.